NEW FOB? Central Locking / Key / Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW FOB? Central Locking / Key / Alarm

I have a genuine remote keyring type fob with the two buttons (not attached to key) which has seen better days.

Recently the fob started to activate the locking of the doors every few seconds without any buttons being pressed.

Eventually the battery in the fob failed and the neighbours gave up looking to see why I was making the horn sound blip on the car! (happens when you press the lock button twice right?)

Thought maybe it was a low battery warning - clever toyota. Nope; as a new battery made the doors lock over and over faster.

Took it apart - it fell apart actually which means the screw now doesn't hold it together and the keyring bit will not hold.

Took the microswitch apart on the perfect little circuit board - all fine. Rebuilt and still just keeps activating the door locks on its own.

Read all posts I can find but.....

-CAN YOU REPROGRAM A FOB FROM ANOTHER TOYOTA TO WORK YOURSELF?

-IF YOU CAN WHICH ONE IS BEST - LOADS ON EBAY FROM TOYOTA CARS, LANDCRUISERS ETC?

-HOW DO YOU DO THIS - LIKE A LATE MODEL 4 RUNNER WHERE YOU OPEN AND CLOSE THE DRIVERS DOOR AND INSERT THE IGNITION KEY OVER AND OVER TO ENTER A PROGRAMMING MODE? OR IS IT A PRESS AND HOLD BOTH BUTTON TYPE RUMOUR?

I just want a quick fix man. Not a trip to the UK dealer to be told that my japanese car is not like the other japanese cars - sold here.

No aftermarket wiring harness either - no time for that #### these days.
    Smack it with a 16lb Hammer and it will come off!

Fob Off!

Comment

say anything...........

Comment

I think it is the microswitch after all as when I took out the very micro metal disk in the switch itself it appears to have cured the automatic locking.

Anyone out there with an old fob they don't want and I can donate a switch across?

Comment

it's not uncommon for hairline cracks in the circuit board to develop and cause problems, could be that the board has a crack in which means it's flexing and causing the switch to operate. Can't help with a second hand replacement could try calling these guys they may be able to help or at least offer some advice http://www.enigma2000.co.uk/home.html
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Thanks I will give them a try.

Still on the lookout for an unwanted fob.

Comment

Working...
            X