few bits...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• few bits...

Does anyone know where i can get hold of the little switch that reads if the drivers door is open?

from what i can see, its like a small peice of white plastic, that must push a sensor to illuminate the int. lights and show that the door is open... but its not there...

and what the paint code/proper name is of my paint? getting a lil respray soon, only on the rough patches tho. its sort of a dark-green color.

I take it i just pop into my local halfrauds for the pads too?

looked at my diff oils yesterday, and they're spot on! im still going to change both diff fluids though, just as peice of mind i guess...

Next stage-

1) replace the door sensor
    2) sort out paintwork and the odd rust
    3) hook up the spot lights
    4) wire the rear fog light into the rear light cluster
    5) change both diff oils
    6) replace air filter, oil filter and fuel filter
    7) order 4 new tyres
    8) wax and underseal the underside
    9) and buy 2 rear wind deflectors
    10) replace all pads and maybe treat myself to some new discs...

Sorry for all the questions guys...

Joe.
    1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 2.4TD

there are many surfs being broken in the sales section on here, give them a try.

Comment

cheers! i'll pop over to that section now...

Comment

Paint colour i think is teal green, the code will be on the front crossmember or vin plate.
        Brakepads Here
        Last edited by Antshiel; 15 January 2008, 18:49.
        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Paint code is on the VIN plate on your bulkhead.

Halfrauds don't stock the pads. Order them from Roughtrax
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

thanks for your help again. I'll get ordering tomorrow, and hopefully spend the weekend fitting all the bits. Might treat myself to some stainless brake lines too...

Comment

Get your filter kit from milners, only £10:
              http://www.milneroffroad.com/LN130.htm
              I always keep a couple on the shelf in the garage.
              http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Nice!! cheers matey. I'll get a couple of them just for spares etc.

Has anyone got the lights off the first link??

"...Chrystal Multi-Reflector. At last, now see in the dark with the New "Chrystal Multi-Reflector" Headlamps for Mk2/3 4 pickups and early Surfs(Surf owners please check picture as these lights are perfectly rectangular, NOT tapered on one side and designed to fit into the original light backing panel). These lights now utilize the latest design where the light is reflected against the entire multi-reflector backing which tunnels the entire beam forward through a clear lens unlike the old light where the lens tunnels the beam. Not only do they look more modern and stylish, they are made of plastic...so no more rust!! These lights are rated 30% more efficient than the originals. The whole light fits straight into the original backing as does the original H4 bulb. Chrystal lights are sold in pairs. Not E marked. Use BU010 Plasma headlamp bulbs for even more power !!..."

Might get some to see what there like, and post some pics.

Thanks alot for all the help and links guys, didn't realise there was so many sites that so spares and replacements for them!

Sorted out the door-open sensor too

Joe.

Comment

Working...
                X