4WD Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4WD Question

Maybe this should be in the electrical section but never mind. On a 3rd gen, when 4WD (open diff) is selected using the button on the 4WD lever, the 4WD light on the dash flashes, should it do this or should it stay on ? If its meant to stay on what should I be looking at, a solenoid somewhere ??

All useful answers appreciated, and seing as how its new year I,ll pretend to appreciate the useless ones as well

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Nope it's ####ed, no point in trying to fix it, you might aswell buy a new one and give it to me
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
      Nope it's ####ed, no point in trying to fix it, you might aswell buy a new one and give it to me
      Thanks for your kind offer, I,ll have a wee go at fixing it first and then give your offer some consideration.
      Can I assume youve recently completed a course in hairdressing then ?

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
        Thanks for your kind offer, I,ll have a wee go at fixing it first and then give your offer some consideration.
        Can I assume youve recently completed a course in hairdressing then ?

Bogus
        Well i'm impressed, the pretend appreciation was very convincing

Hairdressing, well sort of, i've been doing my own for about 9 years, clippers with no comb attached all over, tried to grow it a few times but some 3rd genner nicked all the styling stuff so i cut it off again.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

I have a similar problem but the green wheels stay on when I push the button on the stick so it's stuck in 4wd. It's happened before about a year ago and it was a broken electrical lead that goes over the diff to the slidey thing (sorry, don't know much about it). It was sorted by an auto mechanic no probs. I just have to find time to take it back. The lights flash when the button is out but don't go out of 4wd. I would be checking this lead before anything else.

I've tried to be useful but reading it back it sounds useless but I have been down to St Andrews and had a few lager shandies.

Jacqueline
          Last edited by jax; 31 December 2007, 22:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
            Maybe this should be in the electrical section but never mind. On a 3rd gen, when 4WD (open diff) is selected using the button on the 4WD lever, the 4WD light on the dash flashes, should it do this or should it stay on ? If its meant to stay on what should I be looking at, a solenoid somewhere ??

All useful answers appreciated, and seing as how its new year I,ll pretend to appreciate the useless ones as well

Bogus
            hit it with a tin of beans [tesco's own brand]
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by jax
              I have a similar problem but the green wheels stay on when I push the button on the stick so it's stuck in 4wd. It's happened before about a year ago and it was a broken electrical lead that goes over the diff to the slidey thing (sorry, don't know much about it). It was sorted by an auto mechanic no probs. I just have to find time to take it back. The lights flash when the button is out but don't go out of 4wd. I would be checking this lead before anything else.

I've tried to be useful but reading it back it sounds useless but I have had a few lager shandies.

s

Jacqueline
              stick to your herding girl

only jesting you know more than me plus those technical words [slidey thing lol]

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                stick to your herding girl

only jesting you know more than me plus those technical words [slidey thing lol]
                Ise be but a simple country girl ise be

.............................. ...
                Jacqueline

Comment

Originally posted by jax

Jacqueline
                  your not a country girl

Comment

Originally posted by jax

Jacqueline
                    wicked bet you aint got a banjo

Comment

Originally posted by jax

I've tried to be useful but reading it back it sounds useless but I have been down to St Andrews and had a few lager shandies.

Jacqueline
                      Happy new year Jax. dont put yourself down, so far yours has been the most helpful answer. ( Unless of course the Tesco bean thing does actually work)

PS- Your old 2.4 is still going strong after its current owner had a new head put on. I see it around occasionally

Bogus
                      Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
                      X