over heating problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• over heating problem

this is the third time iv done the journey and everytime at the exact same place i have to pull over and let the engine cool down its the m62 north bound as you climb up and over the hill every one else is wizzing past and im stuck on the hard shoulder for 20-30 minutes until she cools down rather embarising anyone know how i could fix this problem i have a 1992 2.4
    thanks
    mick

Could try an ATF cooler, said to help with temperature when towing and hills?? or a bit less right boot, i have to back right off for motorway hills or watch the temperature gauge creep up.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Originally posted by mick19691
      this is the third time iv done the journey and everytime at the exact same place i have to pull over and let the engine cool down its the m62 north bound as you climb up and over the hill every one else is wizzing past and im stuck on the hard shoulder for 20-30 minutes until she cools down rather embarising anyone know how i could fix this problem i have a 1992 2.4
      thanks
      mick
      try usual thermostat, rad cap, flush coolin system, burp properly, check waterpump. if its still doing it phone stevo for a new head, if it loses coolant regularly
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

A 2" bodylift will help with airflow around the engine and transmission too!

Comment

I had the same problem & solved it by re-coring radiator ..

Comment

mine does the same think you'll find your rad is fubarred
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

think I also need a new rad then :P
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

The advice is always the same.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...415#post402415

Comment

Working...