Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another window problem

Sorrry lads i've had a good look round and can't find any answers

I've changed the window motor on my surf and now it only goes up and down half way working very well but stops in exactly the same place half way up every time. Cheers
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

There are some micro switches that detect window position and cut out the power to stop the windo going to high / low.

Try operating the window with the covers off and see if the mechanism is operating the switch too soon.

Other wise I have no idea.
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Cheers would this be the aliminium strip thing that looks like it pushes a switch
      www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger
        Sorrry lads i've had a good look round and can't find any answers

I've changed the window motor on my surf and now it only goes up and down half way working very well but stops in exactly the same place half way up every time. Cheers

Did you lock the mechanism in place before removing the motor? If not, then the regulator may have moved.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Did you lock the mechanism in place before removing the motor? If not, then the regulator may have moved.
          No idea i just took one of and put the other one on. where is the regulator and how should it be correcltly positioned
          www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

The regulator arms ( the two arms that stick out either side of the regulator) should be horizontal when the glass is halfway.

Comment

Cheers
              www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Before you read this don't be too harsh on me.

I will start from the begining, When i changed the motor i descovered that there was only two bolts holding it on and this was probably the reason the old one was kaput as the centre was ripped to pieces so i replaced the motor and hunted high and low for a new bolt i eventually found one that would do as a temporary mesure but was a bit long and stuck out a bit. So there you have it the ruddy window only went up half way because it hit the f@king bolt
                www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

I will start from the begining, When i changed the motor i descovered that there was only two bolts holding it on and this was probably the reason the old one was kaput as the centre was ripped to pieces so i replaced the motor and hunted high and low for a new bolt i eventually found one that would do as a temporary mesure but was a bit long and stuck out a bit. So there you have it the ruddy window only went up half way because it hit the f@king bolt

I would laugh but it's the kind of thing I do!
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Oh dear, never mind, have a T-shirt......
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X