rear brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear brakes

What's involved in stripping the rear brakes to replace the shoes?

I'm pretty mechanically minded and have access to most basic tools. But never done anything on drum brakes at all. I fear the drums are gonna need replacing aswell, but is it something that's fairly easy to do myself? is there anything i need to look out for?

TIA
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Originally posted by nero279

I'm pretty mechanically minded and have access to most basic tools. But never done anything on drum brakes at all. I fear the drums are gonna need replacing aswell, but is it something that's fairly easy to do myself? is there anything i need to look out for?

TIA
    Its easy, get the hub off and after that its pretty self explanatory. Can be a bugger to get back on your own, holding the shoes and springs in place while trying to fit the anti rattle pins but its well do-able by anybody with a few basic tools and basic know how. If youve got a Haynes manual for pretty much any vehicle with rear drums youll get the gist. Make sure you get everything nice n clean, bit of copaslip or light grease on the adjuster so that it keeps working and have a good look while theyre off at how to adjust them once hubs are back on, cos youre doing that blind.

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

Thanks mate, i'll have to see if i still got a haynes manual for my old volvo and see if that enlightens me at all.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279

TIA

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ghlight=brakes
        Gaz

Comment

And http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/maintenance/rearbrakes/
          Wax on, wax off

Comment

cheers fellas, i'll have a read through them.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Working...
            X