X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Tyres?

Hi all
    Can anyone tell me the original sizes of tyres fitted to a ssr-x 2.4 td
    Hilux Surf 1992. My newly acquired truck Has 216/75/15r A/T BF Goodrich on the spare. A larger tyre would not fit inside the shiny cover.
    While the rest are 235/75/15r A/T Woosan and are in need of replacement.
    The Spotty faced boy at my budget tyre centre suggests that 265/70/15r A/T are the correct tyre for the truck.
    Some mild off roading is envisaged if I ever get the truck back from the garage. Body lifts and angle grinder modifications are not on the cards yet!
    Don
    Still rolling and waving

Originally posted by Oldone
    Hi all
    Hilux Surf 1992. My newly acquired truck Has 216/75/15r A/T BF Goodrich on the spare. A larger tyre would not fit inside the shiny cover.
    The Spotty faced boy at my budget tyre centre suggests that 265/70/15r A/T are the correct tyre for the truck.
    Some mild off roading is envisaged if I ever get the truck back from the garage. Body lifts and angle grinder modifications are not on the cards yet!
    Don
    DON do you have the wide body surf with wheel arch extensions if so 265x70x15 are the norm
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

What Tyres?

Hi Marky
      Yes I do have extended wheel arches. Thank you
      Don
      Still rolling and waving

Comment

Hi all
        Don
        They seem to come with either 215's or 265's as standard. Our 2.4 came with 215/70/15 A/T's and we swapped them to 31x10.50x15 Kumho M/T's (roughly equivilent to 265/70/15). There is a small effect on the gearing but not enough to need adjustment. You will also notice that the speedo is a little out with the bigger tyres.
        You can fit 265 or 31" without a body lift and A/T's will be fine if you only plan on doing some occasional mild off roading.
        As long as you don't have an LSD in the back you can use a smaller spare to get you out of trouble if you have a puncture. Or get a bigger wheel cover and a bigger spare!!
        Personally I think the surfs look much better with bigger tyres on!!
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

What Tyres?

Thank you Linda for your excellent information.
          I enjoyed your photo in the mud. My little fat mate (wife) was not impressed with the idea of retrieving strops from the mud.
          Don
          Still rolling and waving

Comment

Thank you Linda for your excellent information.
            I enjoyed your photo in the mud. My little fat mate (wife) was not impressed with the idea of retrieving strops from the mud.
            Don
            Hehe - I'd have sent Tony after it but I was the only one with Wellies and I didnt fancy trying to wash that mud off his trousers...

You should come along to one of these meets and have a go!!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

31x10.5x15 were also a factory fit option on the widebody Surf.

Cheers

Comment

What Tyres?

Hi andy
                Thanks for the info. Big tyres look good but I think my "little old lady"
                would be better served by little boots. Say 235/75/15r A/T.
                Tweve year old motors need a little TLC.
                Don
                Still rolling and waving

Comment

Working...
                X