which are the correct size as I want to replace both sets of tyres,
    I want to put 50/50 on 1 set and mud on the other,
    I have looked at BF GOODRICH A/T and BF GOODRICH M/T,
    can get BF GOODRICH A/T in size 265/70 16 but not M/T,
    closest size I can find in BF GOODRICH M/T is 265/75 16,
    will this size be ok,
    also open to any other ideas on tyre size and make that may fit,
    appreciate any help.

you'll be fine to go a wee bit bigger on your tyres mate.

I believe 265/70/16 is the standard size for a 3rd gen.
    edit: 265/75/16 would be fine as would 235/85/16, only thing to bear in mind is that mud tyres can come up quite a bit bigger than road tyres as the size is the size of a bare carcass without the tread on it i think. So an aggressive m/t might have up to around 36mm of tread on top of the tyre size
    depends what you wanna use your surf for, and if you're running a lift just how much bigger you can go. This http://www.dakota-truck.net/TIRECALC/tirecalc.html might help you to see what the different sizes mean in english.

I run insa turbo mountains on the road and am more than happy with them, and was on colway m/ts for the mud, now, thanks to a generous mr GWH i'm on kumho KL71s for mud. But also well impressed by my mates insa turbo special tracks. all can be seen on www.4site4x4.co.uk or www.lewis4x4.co.uk

other than the colway's, who i understand went bust earlier this week.
    Last edited by nero279; 10 November 2007, 01:57.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Right looking at this does this mean that after a 60mm suspension lift and a 2" body lift can i put 33s on my 16" wheels?
      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
        Right looking at this does this mean that after a 60mm suspension lift and a 2" body lift can i put 33s on my 16" wheels?
        if you can find a 33" tyre for 16" rim then i would think it would go yes. My mates got the 235/85/16 insa specials on his landy, he's away this weekend but i'll measure them up when he get's back.

It wouldn't surprise me if they weren't close to 33" tall, they should be around 31.8" according to the sizes. Hence the edit, they to the above post, they might rub with no lift, but should be ok with the 4.5" overall lift you'll have.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
          if you can find a 33" tyre for 16" rim then i would think it would go yes. My mates got the 235/85/16 insa specials on his landy, he's away this weekend but i'll measure them up when he get's back.

It wouldn't surprise me if they weren't close to 33" tall, they should be around 31.8" according to the sizes. Hence the edit, they to the above post, they might rub with no lift, but should be ok with the 4.5" overall lift you'll have.
          What i want to do is change the tyres when the lift is complete (mid dec) so they don't look too small under the arches, they don't have to be massive. I like the look of rich's that's how i want mine to look.
          http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

285 75 16 is esentially a 33" tyre. Thats what i am running with a 2" suspension lift and a 2" body lift with no rubbing at all. Seen no noticable loss of power and love the look of em here a pic

3rd Gen 4" Lift 33" Goodyear MTR's

Comment

what is actually involved with the lift on the suspension and the body, do you have to adapt break lines

Comment

Working...
              X