X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look At My Pod!

Hi All,

Finally got it painted and fitted!

All done "single handed" by lil 'ol' me in 2 days!

The $$$$$$ thing arrived cracked but I glued it instead of going through the hassle of a replacement!

Got a local dude to mix me up the exact colour match and bought some sprays and touch up pens etc.

He matched it $$$$$$ well too!

All I have to do now is wire it up but I am still a bit "iffy" of drilling a hole in me roof!

Will maybe find another route for the loom!

Anyhow, "whatya think fellas"?

Later!

Gary

BTW, Anyone who has doubts about the "3M Double Sided Tape" used to adhere it to the roof, DON'T!

It is VERY, V E R Y sticky and strong!

It isn't going no where, which is rather worrying if I need to change a bulb, lol!

As you can see, the weather over in N. Ireland is marvellous, as usual!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hellmett; 9 November 2007, 10:18.

I do like the looks of them pods. Definitely better than my roof-rack bar with lights bolted onto it.

Quick question, before it's permanently attached can you get access to the interior space of the pod? Someone mentioned that the wiring is a bit weedy, and heats up if the lamps are on for too long, so I'd want to upgrade it if possible.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Oh, and another thing, are they spots or floods, and can you adjust where they shine?

Ta!
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

that looks good ..
        would like to know a alternative route for wiring as i to would be reluctant to drill holes in my roof

Seen others with those pods, where did it come from ?

Comment

looks good

Comment

Re

Originally posted by horse_flesh
            that looks good ..
            would like to know a alternative route for wiring as i to would be reluctant to drill holes in my roof

Seen others with those pods, where did it come from ?
            Here:-

http://direct4x4.co.uk/index.php?p=v...product_id=698

You can access the wire etc through the bottom no probs, I did a wee bit of tweaking myself!

See above link for more snaps!

The lights "appear" to be floods because they have a very distinct convex (> lens as opposed to a flat one and are only very slightly adjustable!

Gary
            Last edited by hellmett; 9 November 2007, 11:29.

Comment

Drilled a hole in my roof well over a year ago. it's fine if you use the right gland to keep it watertight.

With a pod, I think I'd be tempted to mount it so the hole in the roof is covered by the pod, and put a blanking grommet in the pod itself.

Looks nice though...
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                Drilled a hole in my roof well over a year ago. it's fine if you use the right gland to keep it watertight.

With a pod, I think I'd be tempted to mount it so the hole in the roof is covered by the pod, and put a blanking grommet in the pod itself.

Looks nice though...
                Maplins do different size rubber grommits to suit cable diameters.

Apache, is your light bar 6x55W? I'm trying to figure out what wattage to go for when I replace my spots, and yours are bright enough to turn night into day
                Wax on, wax off

Comment

Re

Right,

Got them wired and working "Spot On"!

It's actually very easy to track the loom down behind the door rubber, in through the join between the wing and then under the bonnet.

It fits very snugly and it cannot be seen AT ALL, just a wee bit at the top that would be seen coming out of a hole in the roof as well, I guess!!

See Pic for direction of cable!

Then the switch unit through the gromit at the bulkhead and onto the dash!

A piece of cake really, I think better that drilling the roof!

I will post a photo tomorrow of the finished job!

Later!

Gary
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by hellmett; 9 November 2007, 20:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                    Oh, and another thing, are they spots or floods, and can you adjust where they shine?

Ta!
                    Because if you can't they will f ecin blind you with the glare they will through onto the hood.
                    Eyebrows used upside down may be an option
                    Brian

Comment

Working...
                    X