knock on full lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knock on full lock

i am getting a knock from the off side front wheel when going foreward on full lock not in reverse. its my first surf so any ideas thanks

Originally posted by sdgarman
    i have started getting a knock when i go foreward on full lock,not in reverse,its coming from the front offside wheel when on full right lock.anyone have any ideas

Slap some grease on your steering stops!!! I'll look out a pic later.. but try a search!!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

thanks i have seen the pics,thought it might have been the drive shaft.its my first surf i came from landrovers

Comment

thanks i have seen the pics,thought it might have been the drive shaft.its my first surf i came from landrovers
        Sounds horrendous when they are dry but a bit of grease shd cure it!
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Is it a regular knock / thump or a clickety click as the wheel goes round ? The second noise my be a CV joint..... something Tony's big truck knows lots about eh Tony ??
          [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

Originally posted by Ems and Jim
            Is it a regular knock / thump or a clickety click as the wheel goes round ? The second noise my be a CV joint..... something Tony's big truck knows lots about eh Tony ??
            And his little truck....
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I had exactly same problem, with same advice off here.

Worked wonders and took about 3 minutes, no jack, just a tub of lubrication and rubber gloves if you prefer.

Sam

Comment

grease grease grease grease ....put the grease on and all will be ok,i had the same problem when i bought mine 2 months ago souded like a cv joint or something,but,i put grease on the four turn stops and all is ok no noise now

Comment

a pic for those who maybe confused
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

i am getting a knock from the off side front wheel when going foreward on full lock not in reverse. its my first surf so any ideas thanks
                    steering stops should have a little black plastic cover on the ends they have probably worn through or fallen off either replace them they only push on or do as everyone says and whack a blob of grease on the stop ends

Comment

knocking? - more like a mad mad hammering with a scaffold pole!

hmmm..... is my problem the same?

on full lock, at slow speed, dunk! dunk! dunk! very loud and scared the living sh*t out of me!!!! sounded like a big bag of scaffold poles being shaken under the offside front.

off to locate the pictures so i can see where to grease meself up...
                      If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster
                        hmmm..... is my problem the same?

on full lock, at slow speed, dunk! dunk! dunk! very loud and scared the living sh*t out of me!!!! sounded like a big bag of scaffold poles being shaken under the offside front.

off to locate the pictures so i can see where to grease meself up...

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=651

Comment

mine makes more of a grinding noise on fullish lock, may try greasing just in case...
                          Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

Working...
                          X