Limited Slip Diff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Slip Diff

I'm thinking of fitting a TruTrac LSD in my KZN185, and was wondering if anyone has experience of these, and if they require megga expertise to fit yourself. I've done most jobs on cars and bikes, but never a diff rebuild.
    Any advice please.
    Adrian

Originally posted by adrianrdaw
    I'm thinking of fitting a TruTrac LSD in my KZN185, and was wondering if anyone has experience of these, and if they require megga expertise to fit yourself. I've done most jobs on cars and bikes, but never a diff rebuild.
    Any advice please.
    Adrian
    Not really tricky, just lots of steps, correct backlash is essential if you want the gears to last. just a case of checking, adjusting, checking, etc. I'd get it done if you can afford it, just in case, £300 worth of gears is hard to swallow if you bugger it up.

I'm gonna be having a go soon, but its only a spool for the pickup, so not to worried as it'll not see the road.

There are lots of diff rebuild websites on US 4x4 groups, doing a little googling and see what you think.

Make sure you don't already have a LSD, any spec with a Limited after it should have one. (apart from 89-91 ish Surfs)

Why a LSD, if you going to all the trouble, why not fit a Locker?

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Sorry I've taken so long to reply...v.busy.

I was after an LSD to tame the beast on the road (still wheelspins almost as badly as a Dutton Melos I built with a 2ltr Alfa twin cam engine, but the chassis doesn't twist like that did!).
      I also need it for towing my 2 large horses across muddy fields. (Yes, they are in a trailer!)
      I therefore think the LSD is for me, but am willing to be pursuaded.

Adrian

Comment

Sounds to me like you've got a very heavy right foot or crap tyres. Or both

Comment

Working...
        X