New windscreen wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New windscreen wipers

Where is the best place to buy a new set of windscreen wipers (wiper blade & holder) from? For a 3.0 td surf kzn185. Have looked on milners's website, but they only have service parts for the kzn185.

Are the wipers held to the arms by 2 small screws? If so I got a set of adaptors from my local equivalent to halfords which screw on and allow you to fit the standard clip-on wipers that you can get anywhere (the wipers usually come with a variety of clips to fit all different vehicles).

No hassle trying to find replacement wipers now, just measure both your wipers and buy the correct size from anywhere.
    No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

no screws, just usual plastic clip. I thought the frames might not be of a standadrd type & that I would need some imported ones. Quick trip to halfords to get a set after work. Anyone know the blade length on a 3.0td ssrx kzn185 surf (car not with me at the minute) ??

Comment

Halfords are greatly overpriced. My local corner car shop had Bosch blades half the price of the Halfords own brand(£5 each/£10 each).
        Also saw some generic blades in Tescos for £3.99 a pair!
        My 185 takes standard fittings, so you should be able to use any blades with the adaptors included.

Comment

Sorry, dunno what size they are but on my 2nd gen the passenger side is a different size to the drivers so don't assume they are both the same size.
          No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Originally posted by codlord
            Are the wipers held to the arms by 2 small screws? If so I got a set of adaptors from my local equivalent to halfords which screw on and allow you to fit the standard clip-on wipers that you can get anywhere (the wipers usually come with a variety of clips to fit all different vehicles).

No hassle trying to find replacement wipers now, just measure both your wipers and buy the correct size from anywhere.
            Simon is right... there was a thread on here a while back and everyone had different sizes... measure yours and buy from a local shop....

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Milners sent us 17". Original ones were 18" and are better. To be honest, they were pretty poor fair, the plastic clips where really $hite, and didn't fit the wipers. I used the old clips with the new wipers.

Will get decent ones next time. They are just a standard fitting.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Replaced mine on Saturday whilst waiting for the coolant cleaner to heat up. 18" Bosch from local spares shop. Fitted in under two minutes using the standard fitting. Not sure how much they cost as i bought all the coolant stuff at the same time.
                I didn't do it !

Comment

Can't remember what sizes are on my mine but they're Bosch ones from Halfords. Here's the sizes that I copied off a Japanese Surf site a while back. They're KZN185 specific.

Driver's side 450mm
                  Passenger side 475mm
                  Back 320mm

They don't have to be the exact size, just get the closest you can.

Cheers
                  Rob

Comment

Mine just had new refils, trimmed to size from 20" wipers.

They cost all of £1 from the poundland shop, and I got them just on the offchance....mainly for the tailgate originally. In the end I got another set and did all round. I did retain the original metal wiper 'bodies' though, as the cheapo plastic ones were cr4p!

Job done, half an hour, £2.
                    [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

Working...
                    X