Overheating & Auto Transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheating & Auto Transmission

After 2 years where the needle on the temperature gauge hasn't moved, I started to have a problem with overheating yesterday (Surf 3.0 Diesel automatic). The first thing I noticed was that the oil pressure had dropped quite low while stuck in traffic. Then 10 or 15 minutes later the temperature starting rising as I was about to enter a car park. I realised later that it was doing this every time I came off the flat and had a few extra revs on. I checked the oil and water. Both could do with topping up but neither were below the minimum marker. I topped up and continued my journey and things were fine while in traffic and/or on the flat, but I started to overheat again when needing extra revs. I'm not losing any water so I'm a bit stumped as to why. I'm wondering whether it's connected to the 'O/D Off' light flashing a couple of times recently (although it wasn't doing this yesterday). Does this flashing light indicate an auto-transmission problem and if so can this cause overheating?

Check the transmission fluid, both level and the state of it.

Trans fluid goes through the rad so it may well cause issues.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
    X