What's this bit called..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this bit called..

What is this bit called (sorry for being thick) as I need a new one. It got melted when my tracking was done and all the grease!!! has come out of it and it can't be good.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00931b.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	1266746

And is it easy to replace or is it a garage job.

Ta muchly.
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Outer Track rod end
    I'd probably have a garage do it, cos you'll need your tracking done again after replacing it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
      Outer Track rod end
      I'd probably have a garage do it, cos you'll need your tracking done again after replacing it!
      Brilliant cheers.

Will it be ok to drive on for a few days????

Comment

Yeah. The rubber gaiter is just to keep the grease in, and the dirt and water out of the ball joint. As long as it doesn't get submerged in mud / water, it'll probably be fine for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
          Yeah. The rubber gaiter is just to keep the grease in, and the dirt and water out of the ball joint. As long as it doesn't get submerged in mud / water, it'll probably be fine for a long time.

That's ok then cheers, I will order one an the nice chappy that melted it can change it an re do me tracking at the same time. Sorted.

Comment

I got mine from r/trax, and changed (all 4) it myself, quite an easy job, and if you measure the distance between the two accurately so you get the new one back in the same place, you'll only need to get the tracking checked, and if it's within the tolerances it won't cost you.

Whole job should take less then an hour including tea drinking time.

I did all four of mine and the steering idler in about 2 1/2 hrs and I'm no mechanic.

Rob.
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
            X