I've lost my HORN!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've lost my HORN!!!

Well actually its just stopped working but I thought that tittle would get more views, lol. Anyway was out driving the other day used my horn once as I got cut up then later that day went to use it and it's not working.....how can that happen???

Does anyone know how to fix that now, I feel like my surf is failing to bits a piece at a time
    Steve

Born to be wild!!

Thats what they do, first thing to do is check fuses(of course), then after that take the centre of the steering wheel off and look at the switch, it should basically be a spring loaded contact., Make sure when pushing that the contacts meet. Then we have the contact on back off steering whheel that joins wires, by like ballbearings and round plates so you can turn wheel without twisting wires. Also then check all wires to horns, plug may have come off or wire split.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Check the relay....

You can pull the cover off it and clean the contacts, mine worked fine since. It's in drivers footwell. In fact if anything leccy goes wrong I tend to check relay first, least that's what it tends to be on mine.

Comment

Cheers will have a look at those and see if it works again.
        Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

dont forget the horns are earth switched not live switched.i would put a circuit tester on the spade terminals of the horn just to make sure you have power there first before you go taking things apart.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

my surf has two horns not two antlers

and it just stopped working about 3 months ago so i an thanking of just going to fit a set of air horns
            S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Might be worth checking to see if the wire has fallen off the horn itself, that's what happened to mine, took 5 mins to fix, including tea drinking time.
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Well, mudhog, your title made me look at your post!!! My horn makes a pitiful noise, not exactly the sound you would expect from such a beast as a Surf!!! In fact its become too embarassing to use
                Do you all think this to be the same problem?

THanks boys

Cara-croft
                You've heard of Lara Croft, she didn't own a SURF!

Comment

Mine's been full of river / flood one too many times and now just makes a pathetic squeek.

This thread reminded me I have to replace it before my MOT on 12th.

Anyone fitted a horn in their snorkel?
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

is there no a tablet or pill you can get if you have lost your horn. and remeber it doesn't make you any less of a man!

Hee hee

actually it does!!
                    www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ABE
                      is there no a tablet or pill you can get if you have lost your horn. and remeber it doesn't make you any less of a man!

Hee hee

actually it does!!
                      Apparently if you swallow the tablet too slowly you suffer from a stiff neck for hours..........

Did you get your horn back?? mine was just a corroded connection into the horn.

Comment

I must be Lucky I got Two Horns Today!!!!
                        What a Bargain .....

There's always a Payback ....Ya just won't see it Comin !!!!
                        Attached Files
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

This is all very interesting guys, discussing horns

Comment

Working...
                          X