Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mechanical help!!!!

hi there.
    virgin surf owner but won't be havin anyother car again.luv me' truck!!
    havin same trouble as other guy.6 days after purchasing vehicle, it overheated on m25 2 mins from home.had head replaced but has run fine apart from in exactly same place seems to overheat any idea's???
    would like rseponse, thanx j

Originally posted by loonyjj
    hi there.
    havin same trouble as other guy.6 days after purchasing vehicle, it overheated on m25 2 mins from home.had head replaced but has run fine apart from in exactly same place seems to overheat any idea's???

Little bit of info on your motor would be good, year make model any mods etc. Is this part of the road uphill, after sitting in traffic etc.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Viscous fan might be shot or your eleccy one might be dead. Get them checked out and get the rad flushed .

Andy.

Comment

Over Heating

Talking to the guy who sorts out are surf radiators the hilux seem to share the same rad.
        One the problems they have most is that around 70,000m the core tends to block.
        I have had this problem with a surf that has just come in from Japan with a head gasket gone,the rad had split and had bulged along the top also the cap was knacked.
        Which came first the chicken or egg?
        Yes the head was cracked on no 4

Comment

Originally posted by loonyjj
          hi there.
          Was the Thermostat changed with the head, if not it sound like it has failed closed or partially. Alternatively sounds like the system needs a flush, or the radiator cap has gone (unlikely when only 2 mins from home though.

I'd Check the thermostat first, then do a decent flush (might not have been done with the head), then have a pressure test to see if the system holds pressure (cracked rad etc).

Cheers

Comment

Most of what l was going to say has already been said are you sure the head has been changed, how long was you car of the road while they fixed it.
            Live Life To The Full

Comment

sorry about first mail

been a few more days now.sorry 'bout lack of info in first mail.its a 2.4 turbo d 1992 auto ssrx. its strange in 5 mins temp gauge at halfway then stays there??not over heated again.(touch wood!!!) been to france for the day no probs.yes thermo was changed but didn't have one in begining thats a bit suss???if someone of a mechanical mind has few minutes to chat one time would appriciate it.got the feelin' i've been stitched up.and does anyone know a county cars??? strood,kent or northend rd autos thanx for any and all responses people keep it real!!!! LOONYJJ (jay)

Comment

Working...
              X