fuel heaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel heaters

been using veg oil and diesel mix for a while can any one suggest a fuel heater so i can put just veg oil in all the time even in the winter months been looking at some on ebay but not sure what one would be best for the 2.4 surf
    thanks

Think you'll need more than just a heater to run 100% in the winter you need a dual system with a heated veg tank etc. There are others on here who have done all this but I just have a heater to warm the veg oil up just before the filter. So don't run that high a mix ratio during the colder months. But the saving I make in the warmer months pays for the colder

Comment

Do a search for heat exchangers, and then as close to the pump as you acn fit a VOW2B(also on ebay). Theres a guy on there doing heat exchangers for £14 or summit.

Be wary of using 100%, as cold mornings you will have cold oil in pump itself, and no heater can get in that far. I would go 90%, then 75% in winter, or it will be a non starter.

Only the elsbett kit can do that, it has heated injectors.

I am 100% and have a twin tank system so i can flush back to diesel at night. If you want plans for a twin tank system i can send you some.
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
      X