Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide fender flares

Hello people!

It has been a long time since I posted...

Finally I'm going to achieve my dream, I'm going to SAS my 4Runner!

I'm getting 4'' front SAS kit from Marlin Crawler and 5'' rear leaves kit too. I already have the axle, an elocker and some more goodies ready to go hehe

Tires will be 35x12.5x15 in 8.5'' wide rims.

I currently have some aftermarket fender flares, but they won't be enought for the 35's. I really want to mantain the clear look I've now, don't want to add rubber to the flares as it's a poor solution and it's becoming difficult to legalize. Spanish MOT equivalent (ITV) wants the flares to be rigid.

Well, I've seen a very nice ones in Japan, Shuei brand.

They're so nice... The Icelandic look I want hehe

Well, the problem is that the Japanese dealer wants near 300€ for the flares, which doesn't seem expensive, but the shipping is more than 400€ plus the import taxes!

I've seen in eBay an English Surf with simillar fender flares:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BREAKING-TOYOT...QQcmdZViewItem

So I've tought that maybe you're able to get them in the UK...

Someone knows where to get them? Any info would be very appreciate!

Thanks,

David
    '94 4Runner 3.0TD - SAS'ed on 35's

Originally posted by Blizzard
    Hello people!

It has been a long time since I posted...

Finally I'm going to achieve my dream, I'm going to SAS my 4Runner!

I'm getting 4'' front SAS kit from Marlin Crawler and 5'' rear leaves kit too. I already have the axle, an elocker and some more goodies ready to go hehe

Tires will be 35x12.5x15 in 8.5'' wide rims.

I currently have some aftermarket fender flares, but they won't be enought for the 35's. I really want to mantain the clear look I've now, don't want to add rubber to the flares as it's a poor solution and it's becoming difficult to legalize. Spanish MOT equivalent (ITV) wants the flares to be rigid.

Well, I've seen a very nice ones in Japan, Shuei brand.

They're so nice... The Icelandic look I want hehe

Well, the problem is that the Japanese dealer wants near 300€ for the flares, which doesn't seem expensive, but the shipping is more than 400€ plus the import taxes!

I've seen in eBay an English Surf with simillar fender flares:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BREAKING-TOYOT...QQcmdZViewItem

So I've tought that maybe you're able to get them in the UK...

Someone knows where to get them? Any info would be very appreciate!

Thanks,

David
    Nice wheels .........
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Nobody?

Comment

I'd say that truck came from Japan with them on.

You can get GRP wide arches over here only for Pickups, I think you'll find the rear arches are a different shape, plus they'll cover the rear door on a Surf.

Can't you extend yours, I've seen a set than the owner cut them in half lenghtways, and then fiberglassed a bit in the middle. It looked nicely done.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I have managed to get hold of three of the 'Fat Boy' wide arches, unfortunately the 4th was crushed beyond repair. They were taken off an imported car, dunno who made them or if they were optional extras or after market add-ons. I'm keeping my eye open to replace the broken one, or failing that I'll have a word with a local fibre-glass shop and see if they can make one up.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
            I have managed to get hold of three of the 'Fat Boy' wide arches, unfortunately the 4th was crushed beyond repair. They were taken off an imported car, dunno who made them or if they were optional extras or after market add-ons. I'm keeping my eye open to replace the broken one, or failing that I'll have a word with a local fibre-glass shop and see if they can make one up.

£ ? £ ? £ ?
            Live Life To The Full

Comment

Thanks for the replys.

Extending my current ones was tought but I was figuring other options before beginning to rip mines hehe

Arf... My SAS is gonna cost me a ton!

David

Comment

fat boy arches.

I have 2 FAT BOY ARCHES. I had full set and lost 2 in a paint shop. They were off my imported SURF with 6" lift and 33" tyres. So I still have 2 in BLACK for the right side front and rear. Maybe you would be interested in Buying.

Comment

Thx oohdiddy but what can I do with only two?

My SAS is starting in two weeks. I'm having the paint shop custom making me a set. We'll have mouldings so we can do more if needed.

David

Comment

Originally posted by oohdiddy
                    I have 2 FAT BOY ARCHES. I had full set and lost 2 in a paint shop. They were off my imported SURF with 6" lift and 33" tyres. So I still have 2 in BLACK for the right side front and rear. Maybe you would be interested in Buying.
                    I'll double check which one I am missing, if it's one of the right side ones then I may have them off you - how much do you want for them?

BOB - oops, sorry, I do owe you a few beer tokens - I'll sort something out.
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Just checked, and it's the front left that I need.
                      Paul </Slugsie>
                      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Not been advertised yet but LA Supertrux have just finished the hilux pickup top gear style artic truck arches there so big you should eaisly be able to s$$$$e the back out of them to get them to fit LOL

Yes it needs MUCH bigger wheels!!!
                        Gupster
                        www.cfs-fire.co.uk
                        Cornwall Fire & Security

Comment

Working...
                        X