The tyre question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tyre question

Ladies and gentlemen of the assembled multitude...

Your recommendations please - tyres for a 3rd gen - mainly on road, but some mud and rough roads involved...

Thanks in antici......

pation...
    Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

There's a couple of choices of more road biased tyres here.......
    http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=11&cid=264

Comment

ohhh 3rd gens run 16's as standard.

i'd be shopping for insa turbo special tracks mate. the best retread tyre i've ever seen, and unstoppable in the mud.

they also do less aggressive patterns as well.

seriously well made tyre, and the price is right
      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

ooops forgot the link

http://www.paddockspares.com/scp/WHE..._Remoulds.html
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

do general grabbers come in the right size? thats what Id buy for an AT - I hear they are very good, pretty cheap too.
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Bridgestone Dueller A/T 694. Mine have been on for nearly 2 years and still look new. They've been thrashed across the rocky Morrocan Sahara, the $$$$ Spanish motorways and off-roaded around England and Wales. I can't fault them at all. They've stood up to all the off road abuse and are great on the road. And they come in 265/70R16 if you want to stay with the standard size.

Comment

i've been running general grabber at2's amd very impressed - at least as good as my old bfg's

regards,

alex

Comment

Thanks for the opinions, folks - looking at my options now.
                Peter

Comment

Just one other thing, which you probably already know - practically no A/T will be exceptional in the mud....so don't expect miracles. Some are better than others though!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                    Just one other thing, which you probably already know - practically no A/T will be exceptional in the mud....so don't expect miracles. Some are better than others though!
                    S'OK - it won't be serious up-and-down-y mud, just wet muddy fields and unsurfaced roads.
                    Peter

Comment

5 x BFG a/t's £430 fitted ( back it april ) Micheldelver tyres, Hampshire
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Personally, i seldom venture onto terrain that would require a full blown mudder..However, looking at the BF Goodrich tyres, i just liked the aggresive look of their mud terrain over the all terrain version..i'm not a practical person asthetics count for everything in my book!

Going through the search option, it appeared that both are well respected, so, with a little apprehension, i went for the 31 inch M/T..even though 99% of my driving is on the road, i've not for one minute regretted the choice! they look fantastic, and even in driving rain, i've never felt the ole rig flinch...yet! i love em!

Comment

Working...
                        X