Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Should I Check?

Going on Holiday on Aug 6th.
    Driving from the south coast to Skegness!! (eldest daughter is a redcoat)
    Last time it took me about 5 hours and that was in a brand new warrior pick-up!
    This time we are taking the surf......
    I have to get and fit a new rad/ cap/ thermostat (roughtrax this weekend)
    Surf seems to be running ok (albeit with a rad full of radweld) so is there anything i should definately check before the holiday??????????
    I am fairly practical (a builder by trade) but the last time i got involved with a motor it was my 1972 cortina mk3!!!
    Do me a favour and keep it simple please

all help gratefully received!
    Alan
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

1972 cortina mk3!!!
    The Suspension was cr4p & the windscreen washer button on the floor was pathetic. You should be fine then
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by tintin
      Going on Holiday on Aug 6th.
      Driving from the south coast to Skegness!! (eldest daughter is a redcoat)
      Last time it took me about 5 hours and that was in a brand new warrior pick-up!
      This time we are taking the surf......
      I have to get and fit a new rad/ cap/ thermostat (roughtrax this weekend)
      Surf seems to be running ok (albeit with a rad full of radweld) so is there anything i should definately check before the holiday??????????
      I am fairly practical (a builder by trade) but the last time i got involved with a motor it was my 1972 cortina mk3!!!
      Do me a favour and keep it simple please

all help gratefully received!
      Alan
      Hi Al
      Just make sure when the new rad is fitted that both heaters are set to hot and that all the air is out the system.Check oil level atf level power srteering levels just everything you would normally check before going on a long trip
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cheers Storm, i'll check all the levels this weekend and again before i go!

Marky....... that tina mk3 had a mk4 1600 engine, recaro seats, 4 speaker sony sound system and was resprayed in ford diamond white with a black vinyl roof. AHHHHH those were the days, it was only my third car, i loved it to bits!!!!

Comment

Cheers Storm, i'll check all the levels this weekend and again before i go!

Marky....... that tina mk3 had a mk4 1600 engine, recaro seats, 4 speaker sony sound system and was resprayed in ford diamond white with a black vinyl roof. AHHHHH those were the days, it was only my third car, i loved it to bits!!!!
          MK11 Cortina 1660cc, RS gearbox, Twin 40 sidedraught carbs. Wolf in sheeps clothing.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

out of all the cortinas the mk1 was my favourite and you cant beat those old motors well apart from a surf that is

Comment

MK1 LOTUS tina .......... now thats pure class!

Comment

MK1 LOTUS tina .......... now thats pure class!
                i had chance of one a few years ago but i didn't like the look of all the welding in the boot area.Well it wasn't the amount of welding it was the state of it but the rest of the motor was in good nick but i wasn't willing to part with several hundred quid for it

Comment

Apart from all this nostalgia, i really haven't had many motors recently that have excited me!
                  The exceptions being my new surf ( just seem to like everything about it at the moment) and my Jaguar 3.6 XJR SPORT (1989)

Comment

SORRY wasn't supposed to be that big !!!!

Comment

very nice and looks in very good condition.

Down here if a garden has heras fencing around it like that garden has it means a mine shaft has opened up

Comment

LMAO

Fence been moved now (i'm gradually getting rid of it and getting the externals finished)

The Jag went to the s$$$$ yard as it was FAR WORSE than it looks from a distance, unfortunately it needed at least 3 hundred quid spent on the braking system alone!!!!

Comment

I couldn't keep up with my Mk 1 GT tina, destroyed a gearbox a week !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just won't see it Comin !!!!
                          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                          X