Dont do it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont do it

Well in my quest to build a spot light bar i looked at many paths first was to manufacture a bar and brackets and all be it im pritty darn good with metal work i decided against due to shaping the brackets around the roof / door jam i was frightened of a missing with hammer and bar and sticking a hole in the roof or b wreaking my fresh paint job so i looked at buying a set of thule roof bars and converting them but at £85 to £125 the later being curtsy of halfruds i just couldent afford to spend £85 on a set of bars that i only want one of so i decided on this

http://www.direct4x4.co.uk/index.php...product_id=482

a "universal" light bar for cars / trucks without rain gutters oh great i thought bargain even after adding vat and delivery at about £45 just over half price but at least i wont have £40 worth of useless bar lying around that is no use to man nor beast

BIG MISTAKE

yup i have just spent 3 hours fitting my universal light bar risking everything that i was trying to avoid it claims that one of the 3 sets of plates it comes with will fit your truck after emailing them they assured me that it will fit your surf but omitted to tell me that it will take 3 hours to fit your surf and get a water tight seal on your doors that you will risk damaging your paint work and body panels so as a warning to others looking at one just dont for the avarage man that will eaither throw it in a corner and loos £45 or will have a go at fitting it so as not to loose money and there for damage there car you may as well do without of fork out alot of money on a set of thule bars

and yes i have mailed the company but recived teh well it says universal on the box ect.......
    !!!My Rice Krispies told me to do it!!!

ARGGHHH!!!

Bl00dy 'ell mate, I forgot all about the roof bar! I've been kind of busy cos of Vicki's mum being in hospital. Been running her business as well as doing my own day job and it completely slipped my mind.

Sorry...
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

sorry to hear about the mother in law hope all is a little better now

if its still up for offer find me a postage price and id gladley take it as im realy not happy with this monstrosity iv brought as i dont trust the seal on the doors iv water tested it with a bucket but hey things seem to happen to me

Comment

Mine's been on the car through all of the recent rain with no problems. I'll *try* to remember to take it to the PO tomorrow and see what they think.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

thats great as at least thule designed it as a proper fit not me making the bracket fit as best i can

much apriciated

Comment

Working...
          X