X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhard Rod Location

Just a quick question.

Should the panhard rod be level or not?

I believe you can get a drop bracket for the RHS.

Cheers

Taz

Originally posted by Telaren
    Just a quick question.

Should the panhard rod be level or not?

I believe you can get a drop bracket for the RHS.

Cheers

Taz
    Or ask surfenstein for a ajustable one
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

As long as you dont have a huge lift, it doesn't really matter. Look down the sides of the truck, does one tyre protrude SIGNIFICANTLY more than the other? If the answer is no, then it's OK as it is.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Technically the panhard works better if its parallel to the ground, this way you get even movement of the axle.

But if its at an angle you won't notice much difference.

The other part of the answer is the lenght of the panhard rod, lifting the back of the truck causes the axle to move over to one side as the panhard rod is a set lenght. Lowrring the bracket on the chassis the height of the lift corrects this, OR you can lengthen the panhard rod and leave the brackets alone.

Personally I lengthen the rod, as the angle makes little difference in reality and looks better IHMO.

You can either cut it and weld a section in for a fixed length, or tap a thread in one half and weld a bar with a thread on it to one half, add a lock nut and you have a adjustable one.

The first is quick and easy, (ie cheaper if you paying someone for the work) the second is nicer as you adjust it in the future if the coils sag or you add spaers for more lift. But is something else to buy.

I make them up as and when I need them for when I fit lifts for customers, and as Woodsie said Mark has made some for people as well.

To be honest you can get away without them with just +2" coils, the axle is barely 1/2 - 1" out side to side after the springs have settled, but some people are fussy.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I did the maths a bit a go. A 3" lift moves the body across by 0.22" assuming the panhard rod is level on the standard height springs.

(And I'm fussy!)
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
          X