Handbrake adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handbrake adjustment?

can anyone shed some light on how i can adjust my handbrake as it pulls out far to much when i use it, it's like i have to get in the back seat so i can pull it some more
    just want to no where the adjuster is for the cable
    surf 3.0td 2nd gen
    Last edited by SurfingNow; 23 June 2007, 18:47.

Originally posted by SurfingNow
    can anyone shed some light on how i can adjust my handbrake as it pulls out far to much when i use it, it's like i have to get in the back seat so i can pull it some more
    just want to no where the adjuster is for the cable
    surf 3.0td 2nd gen

The search facility is an excellent feature of the site
    here you go: http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...30&postcount=1
    Gaz

Comment

i did do a search, but anyway thanks for the link but the Attached Images
      don't work

Comment

Originally posted by SurfingNow
        i did do a search, but anyway thanks for the link but the Attached Images
        don't work
        If you ask Gizmo nicely you might find he still has the originals (the ones in the link are likely to have been blitzed with the troubles the site has had in the past)
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

i should be ok now idea where it is, it's that was greenlanein yesterday and when got home the handbrake pulls alot further than before, the brakes work ok and also handbrake holds the surf still while in DRIVE, it's just that there seems loads of play in cable as you can feel it doin nothin until it's a good way out. well sunday 2morro so i'll sort it in mornin

Comment

If there is suddenly a whole load of play in the handbrake cable that wasn't there before it could be that the handbarke cable has come off the plastic roller where it goes down over the firewall.

Left for any time this will jam solid and/or kink the hand brake cable so it is unusable.

Then you're faced with replacing the handbrake cable for the MOT (which is a nightmare job without the right knowledge....)

In the end I had to fit two large spacer washers either side of the plastic roller to prevent the new handbrake cable jumping off.

To get the old hanbrake cable out you have to release a tiny extra bit of length to free the cable end-chock.

What the Haynes manual dosen't tell is that there is a second release lever on top of the handbrake slider housing that gives you that extra bit of free cable to get the end chock out.

I had to dismantle the front half of my Surf to find all this out.........

Comment

Working...
            X