Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing some 4wd system homework...

(Re-posted this in a new thread)

Found this link relating to the A.D.D: (thanks to the fella who posted it on here)

http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/surf...l%20system.pdf

I assume this article relates to a 2nd gen.

Question 1 - Do 3rd gens also spin their front propshaft & front diff in 2wd?

At the moment, when I hit the 4wd switch (4wd with centre diff unlocked), I get what seems like axle wind-up when turning (even though I have a centre diff) & disco (the dance - not the cr@ppy 4x4) lights flashing on the dash.

Question 2 - Would I get Axle wind-up if my ADD system was NOT engaging??

Assuming it's YES to Q1 and NO to Q2 but will appreciate if someone can confirm.

Trying to rule out the ADD system as the culprit to my 4wd problems.

If my assumptions above are correct, its on to the 4wd system electrics as the problem will probably be a switch or something not completing the sequence of 4wd engagment - causing it to get 'stuck'.

Thanks in advance.
    Ash.
    ash-ssrg

Doh! above link not working...

Ok........above link doesn't seem to work anymore - I probably broke that too.

It was a write-up explaining the basics of the ADD system on a 2nd gen.

Now that I've owned up to being a muppet, can someone help out with the query above.

Come on - don't be shy. Did look in previous threads first....promise .

Ash.
    ash-ssrg

Comment

Question 1 - Do 3rd gens also spin their front propshaft & front diff in 2wd?

The driveshafts will turn freely with the wheels running. In 2wd there is no power sent to the front shafts
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Working...
      X