new member various probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member various probs

hi ya... got a surf last week....... no rear fog light, got a small round switch on the dash with an led, nothing lights up, where do i look, must have one as passed a few mots before.......... can the laquere be resprayed got a bit peeling of under the filler cap, probably caused by spilling deisal,.................as always rear window U.S. took motor off, turns one way clockwise but when refitted doesnt seem to have enough guts to operate window, is it a new motor job....... air con not cold will have it tested soon likely to need new gas...........also i heard its best to flush system regulary to avoid head probs is this correct and whats best to do........... any ideas please
    Last edited by riverside; 19 June 2007, 23:40.

Re. the fog lamp. Pull the switch out of the dash and check all three connectors are there. The tags on the switch aren't designed for spade terminals, but the importers dont seem to care!

I've seen a few where the spades had just fallen off...
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

you tried the fog with the lights on?
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
        you tried the fog with the lights on?

hi ya... got a surf last week....... no rear fog light, got a small round switch on the dash with an led, nothing lights up, where do i look, must have one as passed a few mots before.......... can the laquere be resprayed got a bit peeling of under the filler cap, probably caused by spilling deisal,.................as always rear window U.S. took motor off, turns one way clockwise but when refitted doesnt seem to have enough guts to operate window, is it a new motor job....... air con not cold will have it tested soon likely to need new gas...........also i heard its best to flush system regulary to avoid head probs is this correct and whats best to do........... any ideas please

Pay attention at the back!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

Pay attention at the back!
          well spotted Vince, their nominations have been placed
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Better ask him if he physically *has* a rear fog light, and by saying 'no rear fog' he just means it doesn't work.

If so trev, watch out as you'll be nominated....
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              Better ask him if he physically *has* a rear fog light, and by saying 'no rear fog' he just means it doesn't work.

What about this bit then?

hi ya... got a surf last week....... no rear fog light, got a small round switch on the dash with an led, nothing lights up, where do i look, must have one as passed a few mots before.......... can the laquere be resprayed got a bit peeling of under the filler cap, probably caused by spilling deisal,.................as always rear window U.S. took motor off, turns one way clockwise but when refitted doesnt seem to have enough guts to operate window, is it a new motor job....... air con not cold will have it tested soon likely to need new gas...........also i heard its best to flush system regulary to avoid head probs is this correct and whats best to do

Comment

Re the missing fog light. If like mine it had a couple of wires hanging below towbar where it had been smashed off.

The replacement one I fitted will need replacing again as got damaged off road - common problem it seems
                My other cars a QUAD
                (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

check the inline fuse aswell incase that has blown
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

fog light

i assumed fog light is fitted within the rear lights as no extra light fitted, but their is a switch, and as mentioned before has passed mots.
                    Last edited by riverside; 20 June 2007, 09:40. Reason: missing info

Comment

Originally posted by riverside
                      i assumed fog light is fitted within the rear lights as no extra light fitted
                      take a look and see if there is any wires tucked up in the rear bumper and a broken bracket, cause it shouldn't of gone thru mot without it
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i assumed fog light is fitted within the rear lights as no extra light fitted

Which model Surf do you have, add the details to your profile.

Check under the rear bumper for a fog light, it may have ben pushed up out of site.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

good effort - thanks!
                          Tim
                          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Moving briefly away from nominations, counter nominations and everything else.

Fog Light - Most surf's have one bounted below the back bumper, as SV1000 pilot mentioned they have a habit of falling off (normally after being hit by something, stone, treehugger etc), although I think Milners did do some patter rear lights with fog lamps in them. Saying that I've never seen them and all the 4 runners seem to have a fog lamp mounted into the tailgate.

Lacquer - It could just be overspryed with fresh Lacquer but it will look like a dogs arse! It would be much better to sand it down & completely respray the area, milners do an aerosol to colour or hal£rauds should be able to make some up!

Window - Try lubricating the mechinism and get some silicone spray to spray in the rubbers, seems like everything is sticky.

Air con - If the belt is at the correct tension don't ask me, mine works & I havent played with it, seems like a visit to an air-con specilist might be best

Flushing - Normally it is recommented to replace the thermostat & rad cap and give the system a good flush out. Watch out for the antifreeze, the red jap stuff does not mix with the european stuff and turns in to an 'orrible brown sludge, which surprisingly enough it not a very good coolant.

Other than that heads sometimes crack unfortunatly it's a fact of life, later 2.4 heads seem stronger than the early ones, but some 3.0ltr ones have started to crack now.

Above all Welcome to the madhouse.
                            Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
                            X