Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Wheel drive selection

HI All

As some of you know I have just got truck back after 2.5 yrs off road. Apart from other issues I have as per other posts, When I select 4 wheel drive the lever goes into position but nothing happens. Mine is automatic hubs. Do you think something has just seized ?? No light on on dash either.

when you say nothing happens, do you means you cant hear it engage? Have you checked the dash light bulb? Jack it up and spin the wheels
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Well when I change the shift from 2wd to 4wd you can feel it through the stick engage in something. I am going to get up on my mates ramp this morning to see if everthing is connected

Comment

The sliding collar on the A.D.D. is probably sticking. Have you tried driving forwards after engaging 4WD?

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/add.htm

Comment

Hi mate, did you fit the auto hubs? No 2nd gen Surf or 4runner ever came from the factory with Manual or Auto hubs, all had ADD.

If you do have auto hubs fitted, then you HAVE to come to a complete stop to select 4wd. They are notoriously $hite for breaking springs inside that do the selecting and they also unlock when you go backwards, so arn't highly thought off.

Best to fit manual hubs or go back to the ADD system with drive plates and no hubs, although the ADD may be buggered which is why someone may have fitted hubs orginally!
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Not sure what I did but got it up on a ramp yesterday and cleaned and re greased everything. Now it all works. Funny old things aren't they.

Comment

Working...
            X