diff/transfercase breathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diff/transfercase breathers

reading some articles and there are comments about having your diff-breathers and transfer case breathers lifted/extended to a higher point,I have a 1996 ssr-x 3ltrTD
    And if so the diffs are easy to do but looking under the surf on the transfercase i see the breather but looks like its only a bolt tread with the (i'll call it a valve) on top,how do you remove it and is it nessery to.Thought i would ask the experts

Originally posted by spuds
    reading some articles and there are comments about having your diff-breathers and transfer case breathers lifted/extended to a higher point,I have a 1996 ssr-x 3ltrTD
    And if so the diffs are easy to do but looking under the surf on the transfercase i see the breather but looks like its only a bolt tread with the (i'll call it a valve) on top,how do you remove it and is it nessery to.Thought i would ask the experts
    The breather is there to allow the oil to expand when hot without pressurization within the diff casing. The cap is to prevent water entering, If you are doing alot of wading or mud plugging they can get blocked or let in water .
    They just screw in and i think are a 1/4 bsp thread.

Most are extended by pipe to a higher location , as in my case , they are affixed to my snorkel
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

thinking of extending my diff breathers. Where do you get the fittings from for doing it????(the ones that'll take a bit of pipe). Or do you just remove the valve cap bit on original breather???

Cheers
      www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

i got mine from Toyota
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X