Making a light bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a light bar

Ok so iv owned my surf for less than a month and started wanting play already im looking to make a light bar but dont understand how the he$$ you would atatch it to the roof as there is no gutters and no hole in the door jam to clamp and screw to like any other gutter less car iv owned so befor i can start trying to make a bracket could some one please give me a clue as to what the braket would look like so i can fabricate one pics would be even better please
    !!!My Rice Krispies told me to do it!!!

The easiest way is to use an off the shelf roof bar and modify that. I built my roof bar out of a Thule roof bar from a Proton!

(Vince - link to the thread please maestro?)

I have a spare one if you want to grease my palm
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
      The easiest way is to use an off the shelf roof bar and modify that. I built my roof bar out of a Thule roof bar from a Proton!

oooh sounds like a good egg

im a bit short of grease at the moment hence the making part but give me a price shipped and if im a bit too short at least i know what im aiming for price wise
      i take it you just drill out teh holes for the spot brakets and run the cable down the inside

thanks
      Last edited by drcrippen324; 15 June 2007, 00:50.

Comment

Here are some pics of the feet on my light bar - which is just a Thule bar with lights bolted to it.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

much appreciated slugsi think im gonna go with the roof bar idea after seeing the bracket as thats gonna be a pain to get the shape of the door jam

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showth...ht=roof+lights

Comment

Dr Crippen, tenner sound OK?

I get down to Westlands in Yeovil now and again so could drop it off for you if you're not in a rush.

Comment

tenner is absaloutley storming thanks but im about 80 miles from yeovil i dont mind paying the shipping if ya can find a way to parcel it up will you take pay pal ill add your pay pal charges to the bill so you wont lose out

yay i got a light bar i got a light bar

Comment

I'll check out how much postage will cost today and let you know.

Yes we've got paypal.

Did you check out Vince's link to my 'how to'? I have the link to the place I bought the lights from on my PC at home. They are 'Ring Microline' lights and were a brilliant £15 a pair!

Comment

ideal glady accept the link when you get in home thanks i was thinking of the round chrome style but i like the look of those retangular ones now iv seen them on your truck

Comment

I had four round chrome ones up there first. Made the truck look too tall and thin. I'll post pics when I get home. Remind me

Comment

This is the lightbar when I had round 8" spots up there.

I might even take a commission to build a light bar with 4 or 6 spots on it for you and deliver it ready for fitting with bullet connectors on it.

Comment

Hey dont take all the fun out of it if possible id rather have just the bar for me to work on please

Comment

Originally posted by drcrippen324
                            Hey dont take all the fun out of it if possible id rather have just the bar for me to work on please
                            No problemo. I'll get a price for postage. Didn't this afternoon because of the monsoon weather!

Comment

Originally posted by drcrippen324
                              ideal glady accept the link when you get in home thanks i was thinking of the round chrome style but i like the look of those retangular ones now iv seen them on your truck
                              If those rectangular ones are either 'Ring' or 'Halfords' you can get stoneguards for them, yell if you want the part numbers

Trev
                              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                              X