Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Suspension Springs!

Hi All,

Has anyone ever had any success painting the suspension coils of their trucks?

I tried with "Machine Enamel" but the $$$$$$ stuff will not dry out, even in this weather! 48 hours later!!!!

The guy in the paint shop swore that this was the stuff, he said it was flexible, tough, "quick drying" bah!, could paint on bare metal, over rust, blah blah!

What a crock!

Anyhow, now I have to nitromors the $$$$ off and try to find a quick drying alternative!

Usually I am not a big fan of hammerite but it looks like I'll be looking for a tin of smooth yellow (to match new shock boots!) and hope that this does the trick!

Any ideas!

BTW!

Isn't the drivers side shock a real challenge to remove?

I haven't done it yet and I am dreading it!

Have a funny feeling I'm going to use my nut splitters for the first time!

Have you tried a hairdryer? (not a 3rd gen joke) a lot of paints need a bit of heat to go off.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

i used some of that machine enamel recentley on my sliders and front bar. i was told it was quick drying too, it feels dry to the touch quite quick but stays soft for days. i ended up leaving my sliders 4 days before fitting and it still hadn,t fully hardened then. needs a good week really

Comment

Working...
      X