Water leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water leak

Took the lads to the FA footy match today so that makes 5 burly blokes on an 60 mile trip. Everything seemed to be perfect. As it was the first proper run I've done in the Surf I kept a close eye on the dials etc and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

When I got home (and after I'd had a beer), I noticed there was a puddle of water under the engine bay. I popped the bonnet and found where it is coming from. My owners manuals are still on order that may tell me, but I'm stuffed if I know what the part is so I'll pass it over to you lot. It's like a drip, wait 2 seconds, drip, wait 2 seconds etc etc.

I've attached 3 pics. First shows the general location, and 2 and 3 show the actual part. The Surf is a 94 SSR-X 3.0TD, engine 1KZ-TE. The part the arrows point to is appx 3" long, bent into an L-shape, facing down. Engine is still hot so I haven't checked the fluid levels.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by phorbiuz; 14 February 2004, 18:21.
    Everything's easy, when you know how!

Originally posted by phorbiuz
    Took the lads to the FA footy match today so that makes 5 burly blokes on an 60 mile trip. Everything seemed to be perfect. As it was the first proper run I've done in the Surf I kept a close eye on the dials etc and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

When I got home (and after I'd had a beer), I noticed there was a puddle of water under the engine bay. I popped the bonnet and found where it is coming from. My owners manuals are still on order that may tell me, but I'm stuffed if I know what the part is so I'll pass it over to you lot. It's like a drip, wait 2 seconds, drip, wait 2 seconds etc etc.

I've attached 3 pics. First shows the general location, and 2 and 3 show the actual part. The Surf is a 94 SSR-X 3.0TD, engine 1KZ-TE. The part the arrows point to is appx 3" long, bent into an L-shape, facing down. Engine is still hot so I haven't checked the fluid levels.

Any ideas?
    You 're right about that being water.Don't worry it's only the AirCon drain hose.The AirCon dries the air and this is where the moisture goes.

Neville

Comment

drip

Originally posted by NiftyNev
      You 're right about that being water.Don't worry it's only the AirCon drain hose.The AirCon dries the air and this is where the moisture goes.

Neville
      BEATEN TO THE POST AGAIN.
      Live Life To The Full

Comment

yep

yea you must have had the air con on m8
        black n tan
        black n tan
        yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Working...
        X