heater hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heater hose

Hi all am I right in thinking that the heater hose (the ones at the back of the engine bay) are 3/4 inch. I hope to be fitting my fuel heater this weekend and wanted to get all the hoses and clips ready. Oh and I take it the fuel hose is 10mm on the 3.0L. Cheers John

looks like there'll be 2 of us turning veggie at the weekend lol
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Are you going to insulate the fuel filter as well as the cat ? I was thinking about doing this as it seems to me that any oil that is heated will cool again as soon as it fills up in the filter. Might even insulate the hoses as well as an attempt to keep it all warm. Got all my hoses and the "T" pieces today so should be a go for Sunday will post some pictures. Hope it all goes well for both of us good luck and heres to heated fuel (well veg oil )

Originally posted by captain_chaos
      looks like there'll be 2 of us turning veggie at the weekend lol

Comment

Originally posted by John McC
        Are you going to insulate the fuel filter as well as the cat ? I was thinking about doing this as it seems to me that any oil that is heated will cool again as soon as it fills up in the filter. Might even insulate the hoses as well as an attempt to keep it all warm. Got all my hoses and the "T" pieces today so should be a go for Sunday will post some pictures. Hope it all goes well for both of us good luck and heres to heated fuel (well veg oil )
        I've got my eye on some left over pipe insualtion from a toilet refurbishment I'm working on. It'll fit quite nicely around my fuel pipes I'm placing my heater after the filter. Might even put some form of insualtion between the fuel tank and the bash guard.

Comment

I've got my eye on some left over pipe insualtion from a toilet refurbishment I'm working on. It'll fit quite nicely around my fuel pipes I'm placing my heater after the filter. Might even put some form of insualtion between the fuel tank and the bash guard.

Did think about putting it after the filter but just worried incase anything gets into the fuel system (home made cat !)

Comment

Did think about putting it after the filter but just worried incase anything gets into the fuel system (home made cat !)
            ahh I see, I'm not that technically minded. I bought mine off e-bay from some German company

Comment

I did get one of those steel ones of ebay for £15 but it leaked and I was worried about it rusting, so have made one up out of aluminium based upon that simple design of the steel one. Its in the workshop at the moment being welded up so should have it back tomorrow. Its worked out about £20 so far for the cat and about £15 for the hoses etc all I hope now is it worth while and no air bubbles in the system afterwards.

Comment

mines made from alluminium, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vegetable-Oil-...QQcmdZViewItem The instructions are fairly straight forward, however their english is nearly as bad as mine

Comment

mines made from alluminium, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vegetable-Oil-...QQcmdZViewItem The instructions are fairly straight forward, however their english is nearly as bad as mine
                  yep looked at one of those but I like to do things on the cheap, plus I get some sort of satisfaction making things myself (which normally means costing more in the long run !)I do like the duel heating system though. The next step I'm thinking about is a duel tank wondering how legal a small (2 gallon) tank would be if fitted in the engine bay on the right hand side (looking at the truck. I'm sure a small tank would fit there and would mean short runs for the fuel lines etc still just an idea at the moment.

Comment

yep looked at one of those but I like to do things on the cheap, plus I get some sort of satisfaction making things myself (which normally means costing more in the long run !)I do like the duel heating system though. The next step I'm thinking about is a duel tank wondering how legal a small (2 gallon) tank would be if fitted in the engine bay on the right hand side (looking at the truck. I'm sure a small tank would fit there and would mean short runs for the fuel lines etc still just an idea at the moment.
                    how about fitting it into the glovebox area? You'll have find somewhere else to keep your gloves though

Comment

Here's my one all welded up and ready for fitting on Sunday

Comment

looks good. Made a start last night wiring up the electrics for the switch inside, will do some more tonight. Working over weekend so will get bits done here and there. Hope to have it finished soon, I can almost smell the burning veg oil now lol

Comment

Working...
                        X