Starting when hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting when hot

I am having trouble starting when the engine is warm or hot, when left for over 5 mins. Cold start is normal. I have tried starting without waiting for plug warmup, when the light goes out and even waiting for the solenoid click. The engine doesn,t fire, but if I switch off and try again straight away it always starts. Sometimes then however it doesn't run smoothly for about 5-10 secs. Can anyone help please?

Originally posted by Musicman
    I am having trouble starting when the engine is warm or hot, when left for over 5 mins. Cold start is normal. I have tried starting without waiting for plug warmup, when the light goes out and even waiting for the solenoid click. The engine doesn,t fire, but if I switch off and try again straight away it always starts. Sometimes then however it doesn't run smoothly for about 5-10 secs. Can anyone help please?
    probably a faulty fuel cut out solenoid on pump
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Sounds like you could have a dead glow plug or maybe the injectors are gummed up. Try a bottle of Redex Diesel treatment, first, in a 1/4 tank of diesel and give it a good run, preferably up the M/way with O/D off. Start looking at the more techy stuff if that fails.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Thanks for the info folks. I have tried the Redex stuff twice, with no imrovement. Could it be glow plugs if it always starts from cold? If the fuel cut-out was faulty, would that not also stop it from starting after a few minutes? The problem only arises when a hot engine has been left for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Musicman
          Thanks for the info folks. I have tried the Redex stuff twice, with no imrovement. Could it be glow plugs if it always starts from cold? If the fuel cut-out was faulty, would that not also stop it from starting after a few minutes? The problem only arises when a hot engine has been left for a while.

Had similar problems on a petrol motor, bugger to start when hot. Can't for the life of me remember what the full trouble was now, but something to do with the hot engine evaporating the petrol. So when hot there was no fuel for a few seconds, cold engine didn't evaporate the fuel.
          I just can't remember what was causing it, can't remember if it was a small leak draining the fuel line to the injectors or something similar.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
            Had similar problems on a petrol motor, bugger to start when hot. Can't for the life of me remember what the full trouble was now, but something to do with the hot engine evaporating the petrol. So when hot there was no fuel for a few seconds, cold engine didn't evaporate the fuel.
            I just can't remember what was causing it, can't remember if it was a small leak draining the fuel line to the injectors or something similar.
            'Vapour lock'

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X