Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Window only going down on one side

Afternoon all,

Got a problem with the back window - which isn't the usual motor problem.

Went out to the truck last night to put something in the back. Put the key in to wind down the window, but it only went down on the drivers side of the vehicle to start with. There was a bit of a clunk and then the whole thing went down at about a 30 degree angle then refused to go back up again.

After a bit of fiddling around in the back, it turns out that the 'track' at the bottom of the window that the two arms from the motor slide along has corroded through on one side - so the small wheel jumps out when you lower the window (Got a dodgy tailgate that leaks water - which seems to have caused the corrosion).

So, it looks like a need a new 'track' - Question is (to anyone who may have taken the back apart in the past), how easy is it to fit? Is it an integral part of the actual window and a bugger to replace - where I'd be better replacing the whole window+track?

Need to nip down to the local s c rappy to see if he has anything of use - but it'd be good to know what I'm getting myself into before I start taking the whole back apart.

Cheers!
    Last edited by wahchild; 30 May 2007, 14:06.

try this for getting into the tailgate http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rear_door.htm
    and if you can't find a replacement part at the breakers then try here http://www.roughtrax4x4.co.uk/?doc=16&cid=138&vid=906 or check the posts of those breaking surfs here. I've not had to remove the unit myself, only the motor, but from memory the bolts holding the part in place are in the middle area under the catch. Get someone to help you when you slide the glass out the tailgate when it's flat.
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

You can get the tracks new from Toyota, they just press over the glass with a rubber peice to jam them in place. Getting the old one off is scariest.

You may find the small plastic roller on the regulator is buggered to, but you can't get this on its own, I generally make them on the lathe out of a bit of nylon if they need replacing.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for the help guys!

Just been down to our local Toyota place and ordered a new bit for £20+VAT (part number Y68290-35012 if it's any use to anyone).

Look forward to fitting that then this weekend...

Comment

Working...
        X