bad vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad vibration

when driving between 45-65 mph at around 3000rpm and only when i put my foot down the truck vibrates i have done all the usual checks such as the wheel bearings, exhaust i've even changed the big machos for road tyres but this still happens anyone got any ideas.
    colin

grab hold of your prop shaft and try and twist the universal joints either side mate. sounds to me like you have bust a UJ
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
      grab hold of your prop shaft and try and twist the universal joints either side mate. sounds to me like you have bust a UJ
      i'll go and look now

Comment

when i move it there is about 4 mm play on to the bit towards the rear axle, does this mean it will need replacing.
        so i don't seem to be using technical words but i hope you know what i mean.
        colin
        Last edited by colin timney; 28 May 2007, 14:56.

Comment

just grab both sides of the joint and there should be virtually no twist at all in the mate. if you can feel twist then look hard and you will see a broken bearing or snapped uj shaft on there. but dont worry they are cheap and an esy diy fix
          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

yes there is a lot of play that explains the vibration because it seems to be at your feet when it is driving.thanks drew.
            colin

Comment

Working...
            X