engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine swap

garage half stripped my engine so wondering what are the 2 smaller pipes for on bottom of radiator are they supposed to have oil coming from them? i have nearly finished engine swap and as some things were off allready it is slowing me down

Originally posted by freeman
    garage half stripped my engine so wondering what are the 2 smaller pipes for on bottom of radiator are they supposed to have oil coming from them? i have nearly finished engine swap and as some things were off allready it is slowing me down
    Hi mate ,
    I do not own a Surf , but was a mechanic for 16 years . Most oil pipes from rad are auto transmission cooling pipes as rad has two cores inside . One for engine cooling system and one for auto transmission oil cooler . If not for auto boxes , some have the Power Steering cooling pipes running through the rad , for the same reason as the auto box .

Hope this is of help
    Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
      Hi mate ,
      I do not own a Surf , but was a mechanic for 16 years . Most oil pipes from rad are auto transmission cooling pipes as rad has two cores inside . One for engine cooling system and one for auto transmission oil cooler . If not for auto boxes , some have the Power Steering cooling pipes running through the rad , for the same reason as the auto box .

Hope this is of help
      Rick
      Rick is correct. Those 2 pipes are for the Auto Transmission cooler that is the bottom part of the Rad. Both radiators are actually in the same unit.

They won't have much oil coming from them if any unless the engine is running because the transmission oil pump is not running.

Cheers

Comment

engine swap

Originally posted by lucky
        Rick is correct. Those 2 pipes are for the Auto Transmission cooler that is the bottom part of the Rad. Both radiators are actually in the same unit.

They won't have much oil coming from them if any unless the engine is running because the transmission oil pump is not running.

Cheers

Don't bet on it Andy Auto fluid p***ed out all over the floor when we took Pete's out for re-core.

Cheers Steve.

Comment

Working...
        X