belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• belts

need to replace the alternator and aircon belts they are in a sorry state iv taken the aircon belt of completely until the new ones come and only put one of the alternator belts back on as the other was knackered should i be ok with just one belt on the alternator for now until new ones arrive
    thanks
    mick

Originally posted by mick19691
    should i be ok with just one belt on the alternator for now until new ones arrive
    As long as it's not slipping it will be ok for a short time. If it slips you will lose charging for the batteries and more importantly drive to the water pump. Replace ASAP.

Nev

Comment

belts

no belts are not slipping seem ok as for the aircon belt the aircon needs regasing anyway so dosnt work the new belts should be here tomorrow will fit strait away
      thanks
      mick

Comment

Help

Can I take the air con belt of and still use the truck, is there any other systems use this belt? There is a pully at the bottom left hand side of the engine on this belt and i dont know wht it is, is it just an idler? I have ordered a new belt but wont be here for a few days.

cheers,
        Rabbie

"Blossom" she's a 93 2.4td SSRX & we luv her, cost a fortune but we still luv her

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbie
          Can I take the air con belt of and still use the truck, is there any other systems use this belt? There is a pully at the bottom left hand side of the engine on this belt and i dont know wht it is, is it just an idler? I have ordered a new belt but wont be here for a few days.

cheers,
          Yes, you can remove it. The pulley is has the adjuster for belt tension on the back. Bolt through centre of pulley should be loosened before adjustment and tightened after.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
            ... The Bolt through centre of pulley should be loosened before adjustment and tightened after.

Nev
            Just looking through the forum for details of adjusting this pulley and come across this... very interesting! The fact that my tensioning bolt has snapped is probably because the person who last tried to tension the air belt didn't loosen the pulley!
            Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X