low dust brake pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low dust brake pads

any idea where i can get the egr(?) green type brake pads for my 3ltr kzn 130
    it took 2 hours to clean my new alloys today and they are supposed to dramaticaly cut down on the dust
    done a search and found nowt
    Last edited by shaggy; 21 May 2007, 01:33. Reason: spelling!!!!
    at the end of the day................ it gets dark

I'm not sure if these do the ones you are after, but what these guys dont know about brakes isnt worth knowing.

http://www.brakesint.co.uk/
    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

One point to note, however, is that the heavy duty pads are designed for different braking requirements. They may not be the best of choices for the Surf.

Comment

orignial toyota pads dont really create much dust. i like milners pads but they wear quick!
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy
          it took 2 hours to clean my new alloys today and they are supposed to dramaticaly cut down on the dust

After you've washed the wheels, give them a good waxing with car polish. Autoglym is good for preventing the brake dust from sticking, it just hoses off.

Comment

EBC (?) Greens wont be any good for a surf. They are meant for small light weight cars. Lotus elise size ish. I had some on my skyline & they killed the discs as they got too hot.

If you can get them for a surf then EBC red ceramics would be better Virtually no brake dust & more suited to the weight of the car.

This is what green pads did to a pair of GTR discs within a couple of months & at £450 each + vat to replace they are not cheap. Luckily i managed to get hold of a 2nd hand pair from a mate in the club

Comment

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Automotive.html

Nev

Comment

Pretty much what i said then

Designed for premium street driving offering better brake effect at loads and speed. EBC Greenstuff has a high initial brake effect and gives drivers confidence from first application of the brake pedal. There is no such thing as a NO DUST pad. The very nature of how a brake works requires that some dust be generated to avoid rotor vibration (shimmying). The EBC pad creates less dust and dust is more easily washed off than most. All pads create more dust as they are bedding in especially if rotors are worn. Nominal friction coefficient 0.55. For heavier faster cars and vehicles above 200bhp we strongly recommend Redstuff which DOES offer much less dust.

Comment

cheers chaps
                  im meant ebc i o t w coming up me thinks
                  the pads i have in now are rubbish
                  i washed the wheels yeterday and they are covered again
                  my mate told me about these green ones
                  so i need the red ones or original toyota then?

Comment

my mate told me about these green ones
                    so i need the red ones or original toyota then?
                    If you look on the wallchart at the stockists, it tells you what the different colours are for. They vary from standard use types, to racing rated types. Pick the best one for the speed/weight ratio. The racing types are bugger all use as they require a good amount of heat in them to work effectively, and the ones that Nismo was referring to are the bog standard road car types, (I believe, but may be wrong).

Comment

7000 Series SUV Supreme i think and its found here
                      http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Automotive.html
                      bottom of page
                      BUT
                      are these just for the 4 ton 5.5 ltr american jobs?

Comment

They are readily available from UK online sellers but I found these to be the cheapest:
                        http://www.performancecentre.co.uk/p...RU01&PTC=BRE06