New discs and pads done! thanks guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New discs and pads done! thanks guys.

After some excellent advice from this forum (pics are always helpful) I have managed to change the discs and pads on my 95 Surf.
    I must have saved a few bob doing it myself and not being very mechanically minded I really enjoyed completing this job.

thanks fellas.

I'm doing the wheel bearings next as I noticed a bit of play, just wish I had noticed it sooner and I could have done them at the same time.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Originally posted by KERRSURF
    After some excellent advice from this forum (pics are always helpful) I have managed to change the discs and pads on my 95 Surf.
    I must have saved a few bob doing it myself and not being very mechanically minded I really enjoyed completing this job.

thanks fellas.

I'm doing the wheel bearings next as I noticed a bit of play, just wish I had noticed it sooner and I could have done them at the same time.
    Well done mate.
    The wheel bearings prob just need adjusting, if you replaced the discs you would have undone the bearings to remove the hub unit, maybe you didn't tighten them up enough.
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

I think it's just worn bearings, there not totally shot but a little bit of play is still evident even after pinching up nuts and moving disc around side to side.

I had noticed it whilst driving but just never attributed it to the wheel bearings after being told it was probably my tyres causing it.

Never mind, I'll enjoy fitting the new bearings and adding to my 'on the tools' time.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
      X