Still confused about tyres.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still confused about tyres.

I've seen in previous threads that, instead of going up to 16" wheels, you can put meatier tyres on the standard wheels. I have searched, and searched the net and the biggest tyre for a 15" wheel seems to be 265/70/R15 or 31/10.5/15. If I put 265/85/15 or 33/10.5/15 into any of the tyre manufactures search engines, they either say the size does not exist or the tyre size is possible, but they don't stock it and to contact them for a quote.
    Last edited by lucky; 10 February 2004, 20:32.
    It's only a hobby!

You can get up to 35x12.5 15 in all the big brands (BFG, General, Kumho, etc), in A/T or M/T.

32" and up will need work to get to fit without rubbing. And wider wheels. 32/33 need 2-3" of lift, 35's usually need at least 5"

You can get up to 44" if you really wanna play.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      You can get up to 35x12.5 15 in all the big brands (BFG, General, Kumho, etc), in A/T or M/T.

32" and up will need work to get to fit without rubbing. And wider wheels. 32/33 need 2-3" of lift, 35's usually need at least 5"

Hmmmmm 44 x 19.50 x 15 loverrrrrrleeeey
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

http://www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.co...es_chrome.html

Phil check out these people. Its cheaper than getting just the tyres and you get to change wheels just to get muddy.
        sumo
        If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

tyres

Originally posted by TonyN

Hi TonyN l have some 32/11-5/15,s M/T,s do you think they are going to rub at the front.
          Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
            http://www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.co...es_chrome.html

Phil check out these people. Its cheaper than getting just the tyres and you get to change wheels just to get muddy.
            sumo
            Iv'e had a look at their site, but I can't see any 33" tyres on there. I have been bugging my brother but he is extremely busy at the moment, setting up his mobile 4X4 tyre fitting service!!!!!!!
            I have suggested he sort my tyres out and I'll put his wheel cover on instead of the Devils Pit One.
            Trouble is, when your brother is a mechanic, he won't charge full price but all the, "Proper, paying, customers go to the front of the que!"
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
              Hi TonyN l have some 32/11-5/15,s M/T,s do you think they are going to rub at the front.
              Luke had a 2" B/lift, and they just touch the bottom corner on the front bumper on full lock at max stuff.

Easy fixed with a Dremel. A lot depends on the offset of your rims.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
              X