stubborn adhesive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stubborn adhesive

when I got my machine it had a set of go faster stripes and various transfers on the body which I am now removing as I hope to get her sprayed. I have managed to remove these but they have left a very stubborn adhesive behind.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get this stuff off?

800 grade sandpaper does the trick but I do not want to be so severe on the paintwork, even though i'm painting it anyway...i would rather some kind of chemical treatment that i could apply and remove straight away..please help!

try standard paint thinners.or a caramel wheel.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

3m (chemical company) do a product that i used on mine did one side of my surf with meths and a cloth and it took 4 hrs to do, got given 3ms product and it was simply wipe on wipe off i think its called adhesive remover or words to that effect have a word with your local sign writers see what they use.

Chris.

Comment

The jetwash at woodlands 4x4 is quite effective and it's only £1 a go, they got a meet next weekend too
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

try wd40 very good for removing things like that
          I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

tried that on mine and it was pants.
            good for cleaning stuff in the garage though
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

It works fine if you spray it on sandpaper first
              I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

i used meths and a lot of elbow grease, if you put meths on a kitchen towl and then splat it on the side of the pannel and leave it there it will soak the glue for ten minutes without evaporating like if you just wipe it on it dries instantly, a plastic type credit card can be used as a s$$$$per, it wont scratch, any faint residue can be polished away with T-cut, the amonia breaks it down. it took me one and a half days to do one side, exactly the same problem as yours, the other side took about three hours but the end result is well worth it, if you are going to fit a replacement decal give the pannell a good washing with meths, look at the picture of mine in the members pictures £23 parts two days labour.

Comment

don't know why on earth that word got blanked out, the thing used to remove wallpapper from a wall,
                  a plastic credit card will do it, without scratching.

why allow scratching but blank out s$$$$er

Comment

Originally posted by davemaxx
                    don't know why on earth that word got blanked out, the thing used to remove wallpapper from a wall,
                    a plastic credit card will do it, without scratching.

why allow scratching but blank out s$$$$er

2nd,3rd,4th & 5th letters are on filtered
                    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                    My choice
                    Back off

Comment

Working...
                    X