Volkswagen heated oil filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkswagen heated oil filter

In my drive I have 2 (yes, 2) knackered Mk II Golf GTIs.

For those that don't know, the oil filter cartridge on one of these VWs screws into an integral oil cooler that is connected to the coolant system. It has an inlet & outlet for water.

I'm running my Hilux on 50% veg oil. Can I use one of these items as a direct replacement for my fuel filter and plumb it into a hot water pipe so that it works as a heated fuel filter?

It looks something like this:

Originally posted by MadcapMagician
    In my drive I have 2 (yes, 2) knackered Mk II Golf GTIs.

For those that don't know, the oil filter cartridge on one of these VWs screws into an integral oil cooler that is connected to the coolant system. It has an inlet & outlet for water.

I'm running my Hilux on 50% veg oil. Can I use one of these items as a direct replacement for my fuel filter and plumb it into a hot water pipe so that it works as a heated fuel filter?

It looks something like this:

I can't see why not but would also leave the normal filter unit in line as you need the primer that is part of the original
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Thing
      the primer that is part of the original
      The primer? Qu'est-que c'est?

Comment

The primer? Qu'est-que c'est?
        The fuel primer pump " the black knob on top of the fuel filter"

Comment

OK. Do I run the fuel through the VW one and into the Hilux one, or vice versa?

Comment

Use the unit as shown but go to a breakers and get an in line fuel primer off a Peugeot and fit in line after the new filter unit you are fitting . Much better then the Surf one (sorry , but they are!) . That way you will have the same system as before without taking up to much room .
            Last edited by Vagrant No2; 26 April 2007, 21:07.
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

OK. Do I run the fuel through the VW one and into the Hilux one, or vice versa?
              I think it would be better to put the VW one after the oriinal one, firstly because the VW one shouldn't or rarely need changing and secondly when priming the fuel through you wont have to pull the fuel through 2 filters

Comment

Working...
              X