Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Polishing Pictures

Hi All,

Well, as promised I have photos of my recent adventure into polishing the standard generic alloy rim!

See original thread here:-

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=32368

WELL! IT TURNED OUT LIKE CHROME!

Everyone should do this!

Here are the photos!

Apologies about the quality, it's hard to show how shiny they actually are!

The buffing process was hard to master but once you know the buffs and rouge to use it is a doddle!

The casting rougness in the spokes etc. was to confined to get the buff in so I used a "Dremel" to smooth as best I could!

Thats 1 down and 4 to go!

Later!

Gary

PS I forgot to mention, some 240 and 1200 wet and dry helped as well!

The photos are in order of progress!
    Last edited by hellmett; 26 April 2007, 17:49. Reason: Spelling Error

you have done a hell of a job.they will look brilliant once fitted
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Shiney wheels, General Grabber tyres, red calipers.............

you been photographing my truck ?

Comment

Great Job Gary !!!!
        I've only half done two O' mine as yet & no pics.......

There's always a Payback .... You just won't see it Comin !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

10/10 mate!!! They look amazing!! Mine are serious need of a recon! BUT they got them little cap things all around the edge! So im takin a guess they would make it bleedin hard!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
            10/10 mate!!! They look amazing!! Mine are serious need of a recon! BUT they got them little cap things all around the edge! So im takin a guess they would make it bleedin hard!!
            split rims?
            you could take them apart and make it easier as long as they are not fake split rims that is!

they look great mate Im thinking how mine would look with the inner spokes sprayed up a different colour... still cant beleive how nice they come up.
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
              split rims?
              you could take them apart and make it easier as long as they are not fake split rims that is!

they look great mate Im thinking how mine would look with the inner spokes sprayed up a different colour... still cant beleive how nice they come up.
              Fake split rims i think mate!! I love the look of the alloy! (on there when i got the surf) Just could do with a clean!

Comment

Re

You would probably be surprised how good they would turn out mate!

To be honest your wheels look easier to polish than the standard rims!

There is a massive section of wide flat areas you could get as shiny as chrome!

The button type thingies would polish up great as well if you use a really soft mop to get in and around the protrusions!

Have a bash, you won't regret it!

Later!

Gary

Comment

Working...
                X