Exhausts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhausts

Does anyone konw where I can buy a full exhaust from over the counter ? Preferably 2.5". I just want a bolt and go, preferably to give a bhp boost. Also is there any performance air filters available for the 2.4 Surf ? I read somewhere (aussie website i think) that fitting a larger exhaust will releive the back pressure on the head and help prevent damage, is this true?

Andy

Air Flow

Howdy

Just a wee note of caution (I seem to be writing that a lot!!)

If you relieve the back pressure on an exhaust, you increase the gas flow through the cylinder. Whilst this may increase performance, an increased hot air mass will also increase the engine temperature, in particular, within the head.

From the technical data on this site, the problem with the head was on the water side, not the gas flow.

Rob

Comment

K&N make induction kits of the 2.4 EFI, won't fit a non-efi motor without much modifing as they have no airflow meter.

Fitted one to a V6 4Runner, sounded nice, was fruitier about 3000PRM (which didn't do a lot cos MPG sucked at high revs, well, around really! ), but seemed to lose a little torque low down. They usually work better with a exhaust to match.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
      X