yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil leak from front, could it be grease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leak from front, could it be grease?

My new purchase has a small oil leak that wasn't apparent when I bought it due to the black/grey gravel it was sitting on.

It's not a loose oil filter, there's no drips on the starter motor underneath.

It's not the shocks.

The bottom of the front diff had drips from the bottom 2 bolts of the bell end (is it called that ) and from the diff sump plug. They're not leaking, but the OS CV boot has a nice grease spray coming from it. As you look into the engine bay from underneath its oily around the OS of the front diff and less so to the NS.

I'm guessing that the CV boot is flinging grease that's coming back down as what looks like oil. Is that possible or might there be another problem? What's a fair rate for a garage to charge to replace the boot? Also, any idea if LASupertrux do servicing or just make big trucks as there not far.

On the plus side it's blacker than a minstrel show with not a hint of rust underneath
    Wax on, wax off

Originally posted by Fordy
    any idea if LASupertrux do servicing or just make big trucks as there not far
    Why not ask them
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

lol, didn't realise they were on here
      Wax on, wax off

Comment

No opinions?

The leak appeared after a 40 mile journey. It hasn't gone anywhere since then and no more leakage so hopefully it's just the boots that need replacing as no clicks on full lock.
        Wax on, wax off

Comment

No idea, but where I'm from a bell end is something entirely different

Comment

if its on the front of the diff ,front crank case seal
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
              No idea, but where I'm from a bell end is something entirely different
              OOOH ERRRR Missus
              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
              X