Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Consumption

Hi There
    I Have A Ssr-g Td Efi 2.4l. Anyone Know How To Get Better Fuel Consumption. I Get About 520km Per Tank In The City.
    Should I Be Driving With Ect On/off, O/d On/off????
    BRING ON THE MUD!!!!!

i get about 450k max out of a tank and most of that is motoway.
    it is more econominal to have etc off.

Comment

I'll swap you engines !!! I get around 450 KMS with the EGR disconnected, I just wish it could hold more fuel !!!

Andy

Comment

fuel stinger

Hi,
        I will swap with you all as I have a ssr x 2.4 td manual and the best I have got is 412km's but the other side is you have to pay for the good things of life.
        And we all enjoy driving our surfs don't we

Comment

Doing well

Heck

Assuming you have the same size tank as me, you're getting better mileage than I am and I'm getting 30mpg!!

I think you're winning on the frugal stakes.

If you want better economy than that, you'd better consider buying a small hatchback car!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robnw67
            Heck

Assuming you have the same size tank as me, you're getting better mileage than I am and I'm getting 30mpg!!

I think you're winning on the frugal stakes.

If you want better economy than that, you'd better consider buying a small hatchback car!

Rob
            30mpg!!!! :-o How do you manage to get that!
            Best I get is 25, and that puts a smile on my face!!!
            Done all the redex business and have a light right foot, but makes no odds.....
            2 Tone Mud Master!
            http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by AUSSIESURF
              Hi There
              I Have A Ssr-g Td Efi 2.4l. Anyone Know How To Get Better Fuel Consumption. I Get About 520km Per Tank In The City.
              Should I Be Driving With Ect On/off, O/d On/off????
              I get about 500km from a tank .....& thats driving around on the red for a while as well.
              I think there are at least 2 different sizes of fuel tank .A fill-up in mine varies from 55 -60 litres.
              I used to get more till I changed the road tyres for A/T .Your ect holds it in a lower gear for longer ,so I would have thought that would be thirstier.
              But I,ve got a manual ,so can,t say for sure. I would of thought your overdrive would save fuel on a longer journey.
              Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

O/D on, ECT light off, back off the throttle slightly as the turbo light comes on, till it goes out.

Before going to 31" tyres, I could happily drive at a reasonable pace without the turbo light coming on, the extra gearing of the bigger tyres means it needs to stay on longer now for hills and long drags on the motorway otherwise the truck won't hold its speed.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

mine has no turbo light and does 320 miles to a tank.... whatever that is!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                    mine has no turbo light and does 320 miles to a tank.... whatever that is!
                    Its a big mobile gun platform, with tracks.

We know yours hasn't got a turbo light! Stop showing off Mr 3rd gen guy!

Havn't you got a cracked windscreen to replace?

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                    X