Turbo gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo gauge

anyone know how / where a turbo boost gauge plumbs / wires in?
    i looked at one today and it only appeared to have 2 wires coming out the back, and the fella in the shop didn't have a clue!...
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Not a total expert on these things but wires are not going to help a lot.
    Mine has, and most will have, a hose/tube of about 2.5mm ID.

Exactly where you fit a tee joint in the sense lines is a matter of intense discussion.

I have plumbed mine into the wastegate servo line as this gives me a true indication of what the little steel snail is doing.

While I was at it I have upped the boost and now it runs a bit better, more go juice but still better.
    Simon.O.
    '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

I have one

Mine came with a boost gauge, it lights up all nice and blue neon etc. Only snag is that it has never registered anything! The wiring looks like a simple power supply for the gauge lighting, as the needle is controlled by the turbo sucking air.

It lights up so I assume that the connections are ok, and the tubing was plumbed in through a T-joint, but zilch on the gauge so I disconnected it.

Of course, it could be that I have an air leak somewere, or a knackered turbo, which might explain a lot!

Cheers

Rob G

Comment

turbo gauge

the wiring is only for illumination you should find supplied with the gauge tubing adapters t-piece.. mine is plumbed into the small pipe that goes into the base of the inlet manifold
        Attached Files
        Last edited by fenman666; 19 April 2007, 23:44.

Comment

Working...
        X