yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

strange noise from transfer box (pls move post if needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange noise from transfer box (pls move post if needed)

hi all
    i noticed a strange shhshshs-ing noise the other day and managed to get it over the pit this after noon. if i were to describe it then it would sound like the back plate of a brake disk just slightly touching a disk as your going along. its not a loud noise but loud enough to get on my nerves when the window is open.
    its 100% coming from the transfer case. as when i jacked up the back and spun a back wheel the prop turns and the noise is there. i thought it may be something dangling onto the prop, like a plug or something but its not. imagine what that would sound like and thats the noise.

so we took off the plug to the transfer case, and there is plenty of oil in there. and its not dark, and its not got any bits in at all. its clear as could be and a nice light colour.
    any ideas what this is and how much its going to cost?
    thanks
    oh and who is recommended and cheap in the surrey area? im starting my new job in guildford tomorrow and sort of need the motor
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by tonyppe
    hi all
    i noticed a strange shhshshs-ing noise the other day and managed to get it over the pit this after noon. if i were to describe it then it would sound like the back plate of a brake disk just slightly touching a disk as your going along. its not a loud noise but loud enough to get on my nerves when the window is open.
    its 100% coming from the transfer case. as when i jacked up the back and spun a back wheel the prop turns and the noise is there. i thought it may be something dangling onto the prop, like a plug or something but its not. imagine what that would sound like and thats the noise.

so we took off the plug to the transfer case, and there is plenty of oil in there. and its not dark, and its not got any bits in at all. its clear as could be and a nice light colour.
    any ideas what this is and how much its going to cost?
    thanks
    oh and who is recommended and cheap in the surrey area? im starting my new job in guildford tomorrow and sort of need the motor
    Try TonyN in Basingstoke his tel.no is on his web site www.4x4toys.co.uk
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

anyone know what it is? and if im still ok to drive with it like that?

edit: noise was 4wd system not disengaged propperly. i reset 4wd by engaging it whilst driving forward and then disengaging and all was back to normal. no more noise since.
      Last edited by dieselboy; 10 July 2007, 13:19.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
      X