Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four wheel drive query.

Hello everybody,
    I'm a new surfy and am pleased to be one too.
    I have however had nothing but bad luck with mine though as the radiator burst along the seam within half an hour of picking it up. So was stuck on the M6 with no plates for a good hour and a half before parting with £270 to get it towed home. Luckily I think the police were having dinner at the time so got off with that one but I must say don't try that yourselves.
    I am having a little ponder at the four wheel drive system. At standstill, I put it into 4 wheel drive mode, the light (4WD) illuminates then turns off immediately. This happens in both High and Low. This trouble is I can't get the Surf to reverse up the faintest of hills ( my driveway) without the rear right wheel spinning and the car not moving! This worries me a little.
    I hear all the clicks when changing into 4WD but I'm sure there is no 4WD. Does the car need a couple of hundred yards to be put into 4WD?
    Does anybody know what I'm talking about? Many thanks,
    Marcus.
    Oh, I have a '91 2.5TD auto SSr.

Check this thread for 4wd hints and tips
    http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/Forums/sho...ht=wheel+drive

Nrmally it selects straight away or within a couple of feet, you should not select 4wd on sticky stuff e.g tarmac etc.
    Only select it on stuff that allows the wheels to slip, mud, ice, snow,sand etc.

Check out the above thread and also do a search its been covered quite a bit on here, have a read through some past posts and you'll get the idea.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Whoops

Whoops, as you can tell I am a newbie with this site too. Thanks for the reply. Hopefully with a bit of research on this site I will find the answer.
      Many thanks,
      Marcus

Comment

Working...
      X