Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front anti-rollbar

Hi everyone,

I was fitting new bushes and I sheered the head of one of the two bolts that hold the bracket while trying to remove it, any ideas on how to remove the bolt? All I can think to do is carefully drill it out?

I only have limited tools and really don't want to have to pay a garage for what should of been a simple job.

also where can I get new bolts and bracket assuming I can get the broken one out the chassis?

Mark

Originally posted by Saluqi
    Hi everyone,

I was fitting new bushes and I sheered the head of one of the two bolts that hold the bracket while trying to remove it, any ideas on how to remove the bolt? All I can think to do is carefully drill it out?

I only have limited tools and really don't want to have to pay a garage for what should of been a simple job.

also where can I get new bolts and bracket assuming I can get the broken one out the chassis?

Mark
    you can get the bracket from www.toyotahilux.com or why not just take the anti roll bar off all together
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      you can get the bracket from www.toyotahilux.com or why not just take the anti roll bar off all together
      I'll try it off tomorrow, does it need the ARB for MOT's?

Mark

Comment

I'll try it off tomorrow, does it need the ARB for MOT's?

Mark
        if its not on for the mot then they can't test it,But if it was on for the mot and failed the mot it has to be put right and not taken off.I took mine off my old 2.4 and it went thru 2 mot's no problem so if you cant get the broken bolt out just take the whole lot off

its the same as a spare wheel if its on or in the car it has to be legal if there ain't no spare then it can't be tested

Comment

How do you find the handling with the ARB off? I spend a fair bit of time offroad shooting and hunting, but I also tend drive fairly hard on the roads (I'm always in a hurry to be somewhere else).

Comment

How do you find the handling with the ARB off? I spend a fair bit of time offroad shooting and hunting, but I also tend drive fairly hard on the roads (I'm always in a hurry to be somewhere else).
            off road you get a bit more articulation with the arb's off, some people say they notice a bit more body roll with them off when cornering but i found it not too bad.If you take them off remember to take the drop links off also.If you dont like the way it handles with them off you can always put them on again.

Comment

Provided you have good shocks and springs, it handles perfectly fine without either sway bar. Rear off makes no noticeable difference whatsoever, front off does make it dip into corners a tad more. It swings and roundabouts. ARB's off mean the wheels won't lift off the road surface if you have to do a sharp manouevre, but you'll notice a gnat's more body sway. ARB's on give you the opposite effect, less body sway but will lift the tyres from the road surface during a sharp manouevre.

Comment

Working...
              X