gen 2 drivers side cv boot...split!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gen 2 drivers side cv boot...split!

is it an arse of a job? the garage round the corner from me reckons £40 +vat, if, it is a certain suspensoin type.
    The benchmark....

If that is including parts, and you trust them to do the job right, then bite their arm off.
    If that is just labour (and you trust them to do the job right), then I'd still probably send it there.
    I can remember laying under my truck fighting to get the half shaft out with all the old grease squirting through the split in the cv boot onto me. Followed by the fight (ending in the use of the crowbar) to get the thing back in place afterwards.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
      If that is including parts, and you trust them to do the job right, then bite their arm off.
      If that is just labour (and you trust them to do the job right), then I'd still probably send it there.
      i did ask ,all in?, so i presume inc parts. i do know the blokes who run it, andy and kevin at:-
      AGINCOURT AUTOS CLACTON 01255424540, honest blokes too, aswell as a quality job
      The benchmark....

Comment

Originally posted by huff_diggler
        is it an arse of a job? the garage round the corner from me reckons £40 +vat, if, it is a certain suspensoin type.
        I did it myself once. When the other side split I let a garage do it- read into that what like! £40 is a good price BTW.

Comment

Working...
        X